The Saviour Cometh

Dale The Ram

Didn't he score a pretty good goal against Watford on his debut? Chipped the keeper. He is a better option than Kwame off the bench, I'll give him that.

​It was a beauty, all pace and power to beat his man and then curled into the top corner. :wub:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't he score a pretty good goal against Watford on his debut? Chipped the keeper. He is a better option than Kwame off the bench, I'll give him that.

Having seen plenty of Sammon since I can't ever believe that he meant to do that. If anything that 'chip' was an attempted curl around the keeper gone wrong!

I'm not having it. Proper donkey. 

There's no other Derby player I've called a donkey in a long time. Theo Robinson had some thing that made him good. I don't know what it was, but there was something. Luke Moore could play football. He just had the movement of a multi story car park combined with the football quality of Nicky Hunt. I might have called him a donkey actually but now I can see he's really more of a sloth. 

Actually Sammon isn't a donkey either. Donkeys stand still. Sammon is a gazelle that needs a wee while being chased by a lion. The legs are not under his control. I think they perhaps belong to a morris dancer. His head, while clearly maintaining good hygene, is anti football. That explains why it shines. It never gets used. Inside his head where you'd expect to find a brain are simply the letters P A N I C. 

He's a failed experiment useful only for making opposition defenders kick the ball. 

And his shooting. The best and funniest shot I have ever seen in my life was when he scored v Leeds and Paddy Kenny, clearly expecting a proper shot from a footballer,  did a great dive towards the corner. Had Sammon had a shot then I'm sure Kenny would have made the best save of the season. He didn't shoot though. I don't know what he did. It was so unique that they haven't come up with a term for it. Not even Ramage. He sort of rolled it, pushed it while falling over. Kenny, who was in midair at this point just had time to look over his shoulder as the ball trickled past. You could sense the tension in the atmosphere as people began worrying Kenny might have time to get up and go fetch it before it crosses the line. 

Theo scored goals, somehow, and that is the only difference. Theo is probably summed up by his goal at Hull, when an air shot took out the defence and keeper for a simple tap in.

not sure if its been mentioned yet - but could sammon returning mean that martin's injury is worse than first thought?

​Probably more a case that his 93 days loan was up so he's back at the club, Martin isn't fit and so it's either either Sammon or Thomas for the striker bench slot.

Doesn't necessarily mean that Martin is worse than we thought, though equally it might do. No-one seems to know what's happening with Martin atm. Other than the physios obviously.

He scores with an ear, he shoots with his arse
terrorizes defenders and tears up the grass,
but to save his life he can't strike the ball clean,
his feet are on backwards if you know what i mean
He's our Connor Sammon and he really does try
we'll miss him a little when we wave him goodbye
and tell tales of his exploits and laugh in our beer
and faithfully follow his oddball career

Archived