I think middlesboro have hit the wall in this marathon race

plymouthram

If I was a betting man I would say top two spots is now between Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford. As for the playoffs still got 6 teams fighting for 4 spots. Only Derby have playoff experience from last season. But we need to get 3rd or 4th spot so we can the home leg in the 2nd match. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only team I don't want in the playoffs is Boro, they would beat us, and i would have to endure Bamfords stupid smug grin all over again as he wheels away celebrating after scoring past us, AGAIN, it's in the cards, F**k that! 

I hope they haven't. If we have to settle for the play offs, they're the one team I wouldn't want to meet. 

Although it would be nice to have another go at them and beat them this time, I can't see it happening. If they can finish second, then it's something we don't have to worry about. 

But, of all the top 4 I tgink they're the ones were most likely to catch, to drag ourselves into the top 4. Whether we can get any higher than that is in the hands of the gods. 

Not got many goals in them have they? 

When Bournemouth went 2-0 down who thought that it would be a long way back for them? Nobody I bet?

a few weeks ago before this run we were sort of the same.  Going down a goal or two wasnt that bad. Like v Sheffield Wednesday. They twice took the lead but it never felt like we couldnt win never mind draw.

You don't get that when you watch Boro. They're solid but they're the sort of team that annoyingly we've tried to be a bit too often.They aren't reckless and their play can take a bit too long. They're patient and solid.

When they do find themselves behind it seems less likely that they'll come back. 

Like v Watford. At 0-0 the game seemed close and you could see a way for Boro to win. Once Watford took the lead then 3pts for Boro seemed impossible.

Watford are another side that you can never feel safe against. Those are the teams I fancy. 

Norwich just look the most rounded team and have top players in different positions.

Boro for 4th.

I told you about Boros fixtures in the run in and thought their fans were being premature at the IPRO celebrating as though they had won the league.  

I said they weren't easy and I think they will be in the playoffs and not get automatic 

I told you about Boros fixtures in the run in and thought their fans were being premature at the IPRO celebrating as though they had won the league.  

I said they weren't easy and I think they will be in the playoffs and not get automatic 

Boro play the most high risk game plan of the top 6. They can't concede first, if they do they lose. Anyone who plays them should have picked that up by now. Watford found them out Saturday, the key is to press them high up the pitch and isolate Bamford, and if you score first they panic and are forced to break the "shut up shop" tactics.

Reminds me of Derby under Davies, albeit less dirty play.

Boro play the most high risk game plan of the top 6. They can't concede first, if they do they lose. Anyone who plays them should have picked that up by now. Watford found them out Saturday, the key is to press them high up the pitch and isolate Bamford, and if you score first they panic and are forced to break the "shut up shop" tactics.

Reminds me of Derby under Davies, albeit less dirty play.

Archived