I think middlesboro have hit the wall in this marathon race

plymouthram

Upsetting as it is, can anyone remind me again why we couldn't get Bamford on loan again this season? Boro player of the season it would seem..... Smug replies welcome...?

​We tried, he wanted to play more central, thought he would get that at Boro.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Against Boro at home there wasn't a lot in it, they didn't outplay us and they barely created a chance, we shot ourselves in the foot for their goal. We were low on confidence, without key players and boro are solid.

If we were to beat Brentford you must therefore think we are going to make it 3 in a row with Blackpool to follow. Then with three games left if we can stay unbeaten I believe our confidence will come flooding back and with CHRISSY MARTIN DERBYS NUMBER 9 back, I can't see why we can't get our revenge on smug Bamford et al.

I'd also love it because Adrien Durham claimed Bamford was too good for Derby and he's had the last laugh. So to dump them out the play offs would be sweet! 

Question for you. If we were to face Boro in the play-offs, would you rather face them in the semis or the final? In other words, do you think we have a better chance of beating them over two games or one?

I think the table will stay how it is. B'mouth & Norwich up (whatever order), Watford v Wolves semi final, Derby v Boro semi final.

Question for you. If we were to face Boro in the play-offs, would you rather face them in the semis or the final? In other words, do you think we have a better chance of beating them over two games or one?

I think the table will stay how it is. B'mouth & Norwich up (whatever order), Watford v Wolves semi final, Derby v Boro semi final.

I think I'd sooner take my chances against Watford. I think they are much easier to break down than the other teams and I know they pose an attacking risk, I think we would struggle against Boro's defence. I agree on Norwich and Bournemouth for auto's.

Weeks ago when it was down to 12 games to go or whatever, Boro always were going to live or die on their tough fixtures against the top 8, 6  of which were away.

Apart from the beating derby away and ipswich at home, they've failed in the others. And still have to go to Norwich and Wolves who are probably the two most inform sides in the division right now.

The only team I don't want in the playoffs is Boro, they would beat us, and i would have to endure Bamfords stupid smug grin all over again as he wheels away celebrating after scoring past us, AGAIN, it's in the cards, F**k that! 

We can still get a club record 86 points and I'd prefer Boro in the semis. We just cannot play as badly against them as we have up there in the last two seasons and we must have a better team out for the home game than we did in our narrow defeat last month. They will drop more points in the run in yet and depending on how their game with Wolves goes, they could end up 6th or worse.

​Semis.

Annoyingly with this years playoffs, there won't be a team in there that we have done the double over, like Brighton last year. Last year we took 12 points from the other 5 teams that finished in the top 6. This year we've taken 9 if it stays as it is. Beating Brentford on Saturday would put us on the same points total from top 6 teams, 12. Last year we finished with 85 points. This year 85 points is our maximum points total. Essentially what I'm saying is we have to win every game to be exactly where we were 12 months ago, and even then there won't be an easy pickings team for us in the semis.

We can still get a club record 86 points and I'd prefer Boro in the semis. We just cannot play as badly against them as we have up there in the last two seasons and we must have a better team out for the home game than we did in our narrow defeat last month. They will drop more points in the run in yet and depending on how their game with Wolves goes, they could end up 6th or worse.

Really don't fancy playing the team by far and away the best defensive team in the league. Really rate Boro's defence, and couple that with the really irritating Bamford then I would sooner play someone else in the playoffs, but firstly, I will be happy to just reach the play offs.

Archived