Could we do a QPR?

St.AlbansRam

Okay we were *****, completely *****! We don't deserve to go up when it's been in our hands all this time, don't blame Keogh or Mascarell or Christie because the whole team failed to deliver this season (bar a few obviously). However as we saw last season the team who deserves to go up isn't always the team that will win. QPR were expected to breeze the championship like us but found themselves in the playoffs and jammily winning in the final against some deserving team late on.

All I'm saying is- 'yeah we're ****' but the minute we stop believing is the minute the season ends for us so be negative all you want but remember that there are still games to play and possibly 3 more at the end of the season which could send us up (or leave us brokenhearted again in the 89th minute)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not lost the faith yet, at this point I would take second. But can't see it. We're defo in playoffs, and tonight is only the third time we have lost to any of the top 8. My fear is this same team going to Wolves without any of the key men returning (Martin, Bent, Thorne, Useless)

I have not lost the faith yet, at this point I would take second. But can't see it. We're defo in playoffs, and tonight is only the third time we have lost to any of the top 8. My fear is this same team going to Wolves without any of the key men returning (Martin, Bent, Thorne, Useless)

The play-offs are a lottery we know that more than most and have been on both ends of the spectrum.

Comparing us with QPR though last season I dont think we are really the same they had more quality and overall more of a backbone to dig out results than this Derby side this season.

I say aim for the autos failing that just a bit of blind faith and a load of luck in the play offs.

To be honest if offered 1st place right now I'd probably take it...

Of course we'd take bloody second! We haven't won in 5, we don't look like scoring, have two of the top 8 in our next two games and are missing 5 players who would all be squad players. We're not a million miles from 7th and could find ourselves in 7th by the start of April.

We need to start winning again and it needs to happen fast.

We looked like a mid table side , short on ideas, lacking any quality, the Boro goal also reminded me of the Norwich goal, they just slipped the ball past us with ease.

We have blown it now and to be frank, with the performance like that again on Friday I cannot see us getting anything from Wolves.

Also, not sure we are capable of doing a QPR.

Their side was built around a solid back 4, they didn't concede many goals and could dig in to produce results.

We are the polar opposite, our defence has always been suspect but we've simply been able to out-score our opposition. The only reason we're struggling now is because the injuries have truly revealed our defensive inadequacies. 

Can't see us getting anything out of the season now, any hope we have left is based on a miraculous turn around in form, which based on recent displays is a long shot. I think McClaren is partly to blame, the failure to change the system of play to fit the available batch of players is unacceptable, especially when the 433 system is centered around a striker with the ability to act as a target man. We have fitted square pegs in round holes with Russell upfront in that system.

Also, not sure we are capable of doing a QPR.

Their side was built around a solid back 4, they didn't concede many goals and could dig in to produce results.

We are the polar opposite, our defence has always been suspect but we've simply been able to out-score our opposition. The only reason we're struggling now is because the injuries have truly revealed our defensive inadequacies. 

Can't see us getting anything out of the season now, any hope we have left is based on a miraculous turn around in form, which based on recent displays is a long shot. I think McClaren is partly to blame, the failure to change the system of play to fit the available batch of players is unacceptable, especially when the 433 system is centered around a striker with the ability to act as a target man. We have fitted square pegs in round holes with Russell upfront in that system.

Archived