Could we do a QPR?

St.AlbansRam

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would I take second. Yes, everyone would. As of this moment, would I take 3rd place if someone offered it. No. I would want our team to fight for the remaining 8 games. I fear for us against Wolves with that team. I don't fear the last 7 games with Thorne and Martin back. As with a regular XI, we are the best team in the league this season. The proof is that we have been poor the last 5 games, and are still only 5 points off top.

Get a win at Wolves we're back in there. Lose there we should be focusing on play offs.

Then again even losing the next 2 games getting our best players back after I.B we're more then capable of getting our GD back (Millwall/Blackpool) and winning the rest? Who knows the beauty of football.

Why do we always have to say injuries have not played a part or an excuse. They are and we should be using it as it's a fact. Missing Martin is our best defender and goal scorer (Holds the ball up keeps it from coming straight back).

​Is it who is top now, or at the end of the season? By that logic, Forest have at one point been the best team in this league...really? They were the form team, sure. But the best?

Were we the fourth best team last season? No, we were better than QPR, but they managed a game situation better than us in one game, one very important game. Still doesn't make them better than us.

With a fit CF in Martin, and our best CDM in Thorne, everyone else in the team plays at a higher level. That why Boro and Watford are currently top, only 1-2 injuries means they are playing key players, allowing everyone to do their jobs and play at a higher level.

And no, I'm not blaming injuries for our current plight, except I am a little. As without a recognised CDM battler or a CF, we have 2 points from our last 5 games and looked a level below our best, which isn't the norm for us.

​Ill elaborate, before this run of 5 games, I would have said we're aiming for first, and would not accept second if someone offered it. Even now, I would not accept a place in the play-offs. I think second needs to be the aim. No-one has taken the league by storm, and therefore we need to step up and do that. We're having our wobble, we need to fix up and go again on Friday at an in-form Wolves.

Its not blind optimism, it's not slash-your-wrists pessimism, it's what we as Derby fans should be happy to see. No more accepting 7th place finishes as a good season for our mid-table mediocrity. It's not being happy when we lose to a good Boro team who scored a good goal in an otherwise tight game.

Would I take second. Yes, everyone would. As of this moment, would I take 3rd place if someone offered it. No. I would want our team to fight for the remaining 8 games. I fear for us against Wolves with that team. I don't fear the last 7 games with Thorne and Martin back. As with a regular XI, we are the best team in the league this season. The proof is that we have been poor the last 5 games, and are still only 5 points off top.

​The best team in the league is the team at the top of the league, the worst team in the league is the team at the bottom of the league....that is a totally undisputable fact....so no, we are not the best team in the league.

as for the CDM rubbish....we havent had Thorne fit all season, how can we be missing somethign we never had?

Archived