Maybe we should start paying the refs as well

Sexydadbod

In most circumstances I'd agree that blaming the ref is not the way to go.

Today, however, is an exception.

We had just successfully defended what was most likely to be the final action from a team who at no point in the match looked like a real threat, and one who had looked to accept a 2-0 defeat. In giving them a penalty the referee created the situation we were faced with. 

If Keogh had bundled them over in the box for the penalty, you'd have no end of people saying that Keogh was to blame for letting them back into the game, but when the ref makes a game-changing howler he's exempt from blame 'because it's pathetic to blame the ref'? Sod that!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some of the fans on this site should take a bow for their honesty self analysis and lack of whinging. . No really, I am serious.

I want to blame the ref .. He was poor. I think Ince did play himself in to trouble even if it was a clean tackle, Jonny Russell was clattered all afternoon and got no help from the man in black ...But the honest truth is what a number of posters have said .. .. Our destiny was in our own hands. We didn't concentrate in the last 5 mins, we  didn't hold the ball, we didn't mess about at the corner flag, we didn't hit in to row z. We didn't act like the dominant skilled team we were for 88 minutes. It wasn't Macs substitutions. It was lack of concentration at a key moment in the game. Yes there were mitigating circumstances but we have only ourselves to blame. 

Still all all is not lost .. We are tied at the top with all to play for . I just hope some sobering lessons have been learned .. 

But he respentle for a basies git gave them everything.  Being fair calling it 50/50 did do this no ******* did not most refs play wheb time is up. I hope he can sleep at night.

Even through he being a competle utter ******.

I blame Ince for not clearing the ball but I cannot blame him when he makes a superb challenge.

The linesman then misses an offside in the build up to their final corner. (Knockdown from the header).

The final goal is just lucky but the referee didn't play by the rules of the game by adding that amount of time on. I don't disagree that DCFC need to defend better but if you play longer than you legally should be, then a team will get a lucky break eventually.

The referee lost it around the 35 minute mark. Russell gets clattered, no free kick followed by a soft one for them a few seconds later, and then one minute later, Will Hughes makes a great challenge to nip the ball away from someone and it is a free kick. From that point onwards, he lost control.

On first spot though I thought it was a penalty Christie conceded. The referee wasn't biased, he was just totally inept.

You dont call that basied what poor will got kicked to know end. If will had kicked he got booked or worse. Also there keeper should have been sent off for bring our player down not even a talking too. I think there should be a system in place were can appel the point all have brumham city looked for paying off the ref or decution of 3 points and reward to derby.

I havnt seen the pen and I have to admit the referee was out of his depth at this level and was clearly effected by the crowd, players, managers and should stick to less pressure in league 1 & 2 (seem my post of his last few game in the bham thread if you want). 

In the refs defense though he did book Thomas I think it was for diving and played a great advantage for our 2nd. I thought the ref was poor today but the fault can only really lie with the players dont give him a decision to make!!

Sith Happens

At the time i was convinced ince had got the ball, seeing the replay, he did, never a penalty.

It really is hard to work out what was going on yesterday, there was so many soft decisions given, then when Johhny was hacked down, nothing given, same again with ince taken out by the keeper. The scenes that followed the ref can only blame himself for. In fairness Johnny did give the ball back, just out for a thrown in, have seen that before. BBC Commentry just said we didnt give it back.

The ref clearly had no control at that point as they stood as far back from the melee as they could. Rowatt should have been sent to the stands at very least for his reaction. Maybe one or two birmingham players booked too, is it ok to raise your hands if your shoving someone in the back?

I'd would probably put it down to inexperience on the refs part....nothing more, just not good enough at the moment to referee a professional game at this level. Would love it if referees had to come out after and speak to the press too to explain decisions, they are too protected, maybe that not a bad thing though i dont know.

I do hope it is inexperience and not that he couldnt wait to give a pen because of the stick he was getting, and likewise adding on extra time because he knew Birmingham suddenly sensed getting something out the game.....the angry part of me tells me thats what happened, the sensible part tells me he was just poor and not competent.

As others have said we should still have won regardless. The angry part of me and the sensible part tells me our own inexperience cost us, just hope if we dont go up its not by a point or two. Its so tight though it could well be.

The performance of the ref in the away game at burnley last year still makes me more angry, as i do believe that before the game he had already had preconceptions about chris martin which he acted on, incorrectly, as soon as he could.

Iain Williamson had previously refereed 1 championship and 4 each in div 1 and div 2

Also involved in a disciplinary against Stockport manager 2/3 years ago - cup game

Premier refs rotate qround about 15 referees.

Championship a few popular ones then a mismash of any level of league experience etc.

Surely as in premier league - we deseve a more consistent referee system

30 odd fouls in a game of innocuous chanllenges generally - apart from keeper challenge on Ince !!! (unpunished)

Robert Madley cost us automatic promotion around this time last season at Burnley with his triple whammy of not giving a stonewall penalty, disallowing a perfectly good goal and then sending off Martin. Made Attwell look competent that bizarre sequence of decisions did!

I hope this scared looking, pompous, out of his depth fool Williamson hasn't done the same.

He won't officiate another Championship match this season. He'll probably be quietly stashed away in the Vanarama for the duration.

Or brought back for the play off final if we're in it.

With Madley and Attwell assisting.................

Definitely an absolute cock of a ref, but, but, we should be ruthless when the 90 mins is up when we're in front.. Get rid, play it by the corner flag, anything but fanny around in our own half.

Still think we'll do it though.  

Robert Madley cost us automatic promotion around this time last season at Burnley with his triple whammy of not giving a stonewall penalty, disallowing a perfectly good goal and then sending off Martin. Made Attwell look competent that bizarre sequence of decisions did!

I hope this scared looking, pompous, out of his depth fool Williamson hasn't done the same.

He won't officiate another Championship match this season. He'll probably be quietly stashed away in the Vanarama for the duration.

Or brought back for the play off final if we're in it.

With Madley and Attwell assisting.................

Definitely an absolute cock of a ref, but, but, we should be ruthless when the 90 mins is up when we're in front.. Get rid, play it by the corner flag, anything but fanny around in our own half.

Still think we'll do it though.  

Archived