Maybe we should start paying the refs as well

Sexydadbod

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​But i don't think our defending was. People are using recent poor defensive displays as the fuel for why we dropped points today. That's rubbish.

Have you see the replay for the "Peno".... i have, it was a clean challenge.

The equaliser came from a favourable drop of the ball after a Brum player hoofed it behind him back into box. There was no defensive error for that goal. The only thing we was guilty of in the those last 5 minutes was dropping too deep.

I can't remember any real chances they had before that, so i don't know how we can label that game as a poor defensive display.

It sounds almost cliche to say and a neutral looking in, it looks beyond bitter, but we lost because of the ref today and that's it.

Why did they introduce the requirement to announce the added time in the stadium if it is clear the ref has complete discretion to ignore it? There were 10 secs left of the 3 minutes when Derby kicked off after the penalty. There was no time wasting or injuries. It so frustrating. Let's just go back to no announcement at all.... At least I wouldn't feel quite so robbed!!

PistoldPete2

This. A lot of armchair fans claming to be experts yet the fans who went the game will know that we were robbed

It is totally amateurish thinking to blame the referee today.

We were 2-0 up, cruising, and failed the see the game out.

Main reason why? Because without Thorne or Eustace in there ... there is no leader of the pack.

The referee is the law, and as professionals, the players have a duty to see the game out and do the correct things in order to run the clock down.

The manager withdrew the three best players on the pitch, the back four showed no leadership and sat too deep ... and well ... please do not get me started on the defensive anchor in midfield. I could go on for days. I'd drive him back to Spain myself for free.

Not good enough today ... totally criminal. The form of nearly men. The way we bottled it today in the last ten minutes was as poor as it gets.

Dominating for 80 minutes is fine ... but the last time I checked, games of football don't last for 80 minutes, or when the fans reckon its over ... they last until the final whistle is blown.

All we can do is try to regroup, get back on the training park, and sort out our f!@king discipline...otherwise ... we are going nowhere.

Reaction from the Bournmouth site,  http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=68423&posts=15

a few quotes from them on the draw today.

incredible. Derby forum will be in meltdown after the last few results.

Penalty and over 6 minutes injury time. It appears we're still cheating and bribed whoever the ref was.

maybe they need some more loan signings.

Can someone let me know how we fixed this result.
I know we time waste, surround refs, dive and bend the FFP rules but for the life of me I can't make this one out.

Check the live text commentary... in the last 10 minutes it sounds like Wes Thomas was a nightmare for Derby!

:lol::lol::lol:

PistoldPete2

Can I just state and make it clear ... I'm not suggesting this was a good referee today ... clearly far from it...and yes, it did seem a ludicrous amount of additional time.

All I am saying is that the team must continue to do their jobs ... regardless.

Regards the penalty... Ince, although he had a stormer today, showed indiscipline to be robbed in that area of the pitch in the first place ... hence being forced to make the challenge. Not good enough. Don't give a poor referee a decision to make.

Regards the equaliser ... we simply did not clear our lines. Not good enough...it has happened time and again this season. There is too much panic and not enough organisation

If we are going to win the title ... these are the standards that need to be in place. We can't keep patting ourselves on the head and saying 'there, there ... the ref this, or bad luck that'

Champions don't make excuses. Champions are ice cold in pressure situations.

​We weren't robbed by the referee at all - we dropped two points because of

a) The decision to save Hughes and replacing him with Bryson lost us our stranglehold on midfield.

b) A silly decision by Ince to try to beat his man in a defensive position, getting robbed and then compounding his error by giving away a penalty.

c) A silly free kick given away by (I think) Forsyth which allowed Birmingham to fill the penalty area. 

Pathetic to blame the ref. 

92 minutes gone, 2-0 up....we need a captain, a leader, ironic that on a day where we pay tribute to the passing of one of our all time great leaders that we have no one stepping up for the role ...Igor, Mark Wright, Rib Hindmarch,Robbie Van Der Laan or Robbie Savage wouldn't have let that happen today. 

The performance was as pathetic as this new forum format. 

Pathetic to blame the ref. 

92 minutes gone, 2-0 up....we need a captain, a leader, ironic that on a day where we pay tribute to the passing of one of our all time great leaders that we have no one stepping up for the role ...Igor, Mark Wright, Rib Hindmarch,Robbie Van Der Laan or Robbie Savage wouldn't have let that happen today. 

The performance was as pathetic as this new forum format. 

Archived