Maybe we should start paying the refs as well

Sexydadbod

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is totally amateurish thinking to blame the referee today.

We were 2-0 up, cruising, and failed the see the game out.

Main reason why? Because without Thorne or Eustace in there ... there is no leader of the pack.

The referee is the law, and as professionals, the players have a duty to see the game out and do the correct things in order to run the clock down.

The manager withdrew the three best players on the pitch, the back four showed no leadership and sat too deep ... and well ... please do not get me started on the defensive anchor in midfield. I could go on for days. I'd drive him back to Spain myself for free.

Not good enough today ... totally criminal. The form of nearly men. The way we bottled it today in the last ten minutes was as poor as it gets.

Dominating for 80 minutes is fine ... but the last time I checked, games of football don't last for 80 minutes, or when the fans reckon its over ... they last until the final whistle is blown.

All we can do is try to regroup, get back on the training park, and sort out our f!@king discipline...otherwise ... we are going nowhere.

By the way ... the announcement of the amount of injury time is irrelevant to the rule of law in the game.

It is an indication ... it is not gospel. The amount of injury time is at the referee's discretion.

Fact is, as professionals ... that game should have been killed off.

By the way ... the announcement of the amount of injury time is irrelevant to the rule of law in the game.

It is an indication ... it is not gospel. The amount of injury time is at the referee's discretion.

Fact is, as professionals ... that game should have been killed off.

Those who went to the game will all know the ref was a disgrace eventhou we should of won the game!  Who was the clown ref?  Only decent thing he did was playing advantage for our second goal but was a absolute disgrace 

It  was the worst episode of reffing since Attwood against Florest. Throughout the match, he was cheating us, there's no other word for it. I haven't seen any replays, but with a good view from along the goal line in the sw corner, I could see nothing in the Ince challenge and no appeals from blues players. Also, in the build up to the corner two minutes after the match should have finished, there should have been an offside.

In my opinion, we have defended well today, we didn't allow one attempt on target except those two that the ref gave them!

I don't normally blame refs - they are human and are bound to make mistakes. Fortunately, the mistakes tend to even up over the season.

However, today it was hard to make a case for the ref being anything other than biased. He got a decision wrong after about twenty-five minutes when Johnny Russell was clearly kicked and the ref missed it. He then got lots of abuse from our fans - which I believe annoyed him. He subsequently gave every decision to Birmingham and looked to be trying to influence the game - which I assume was from spite, rather than for pecuniary gain.

Can I just state and make it clear ... I'm not suggesting this was a good referee today ... clearly far from it...and yes, it did seem a ludicrous amount of additional time.

All I am saying is that the team must continue to do their jobs ... regardless.

It  was the worst episode of reffing since Attwood against Florest. Throughout the match, he was cheating us, there's no other word for it. I haven't seen any replays, but with a good view from along the goal line in the sw corner, I could see nothing in the Ince challenge and no appeals from blues players. Also, in the build up to the corner two minutes after the match should have finished, there should have been an offside.

In my opinion, we have defended well today, we didn't allow one attempt on target except those two that the ref gave them!

PistoldPete2

I don't normally blame refs - they are human and are bound to make mistakes. Fortunately, the mistakes tend to even up over the season.

However, today it was hard to make a case for the ref being anything other than biased. He got a decision wrong after about twenty-five minutes when Johnny Russell was clearly kicked and the ref missed it. He then got lots of abuse from our fans - which I believe annoyed him. He subsequently gave every decision to Birmingham and looked to be trying to influence the game - which I assume was from spite, rather than for pecuniary gain.

​Not at all convenient mate I agree ... but you are losing sight of the real issue here.
The laws of the game are the laws of the game. The age old rule of thumb in football is ... play to the whistle. We simply didn't close out the game well enough. If the referee sees 100 minutes need to played ... 100 minutes need to be played, he can add time for whatever he sees fit...yes it is frustrating, but as professionals ... the players have to get on with it.

We can sit here all day and moan at the ref ... it will get us nowhere, he isn't the biggest issue the team is faced with at present.

We didn't win the game today because our defending and our discipline was poor at the death. Plain and simple, like it or not.

Archived