DCFC Fans - The Current Situation, Known Issues & Server Move

Day

I realise there is a donate button, but could you not charge an annual £10 subscription for IT dev costs? It is a great source of information, and I reckon you'd only lose the straggling posters if you did it.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good work Daveo and thank you for the time and effort you put into this great forum, having read the above I am unclear, are we not to put links into posts to other stories? I'd on the transfer talk sub forum I put a story last night about adebayor and his potential loan along with a link to the webpage, this morning it has gone ? Is it a bug or have a broken a rule ? Just want to check to avoid doing it again, I also used to post a number of Dcfc related pictures (no t1ts I swear down) is there now no picture posting ? Keep up the good work ! UTR

Depends where the link goes to mate, links are allowed, but we do remove some if the link goes to places that we've had problems with in the past.

plus, I think Daveo cleared a load of pictures off the forum as a way of removing any pictures google wouldn't like.  A load of pictures that were ok would have been removed too, but it was the only way to make sure the offending pictures would be deleted.

you're fine to post pictures now, as long as they're in the new guidelines. 

Just to echo the appreciation shown already on here. I would be lost without the forum. I'm confident that posting on here won't get rubbished ( well, not always!) unlike the old DET. I've also learnt more about using my iPad from your patient answering of questions. However, the link to the Google thing says only do it if you know what you're doing - so I'll leave it, notice how much I'll miss it and look forward to its return.

!

If you are seeing this post you are seeing the forum on the new server.

Kind words are appreciated, really are.

With regards to donations/subscriptions, I will never never never make this forum subscription based only, it's nice to know that some would be willing to pay although it's not a path I want to take this forum down. I also removed the donation link whilst the forum has issues, I felt uncomfortable taking any whilst the forum is effectively broken for some. I have added the link back for those that were looking, we really do have the best members on here.

Just to also let you know some background tasks are running so it may appear slow for a few hours at times.

I'm not expecting any bugs to be fixed with this like I said but if any weirdly have gone away can you let me know. Should be another update out next week some time. Soon as it's available I will update when the missus isn't looking.

Quite a quick move it seems. 

​Google DNS for you which I assume you're using?

The actual process of moving a site is pretty quick, download files, upload files, change settings and update domain IP address. Because Google DNS is always updating you see things quicker than using the ISP DNS.

If you are seeing this post you are seeing the forum on the new server.

Kind words are appreciated, really are.

With regards to donations/subscriptions, I will never never never make this forum subscription based only, it's nice to know that some would be willing to pay although it's not a path I want to take this forum down. I also removed the donation link whilst the forum has issues, I felt uncomfortable taking any whilst the forum is effectively broken for some. I have added the link back for those that were looking, we really do have the best members on here.

Archived