DCFC Fans - The Current Situation, Known Issues & Server Move

Day

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 attempts to post.....and nothing happens.

fixed?

yeah right.

Why the attitude? And where did I say fixed?

Also if you want help saying nothing happens gives me nothing to go on. The page doesn't load, the editor doesn't show? What exactly is going on.

Just to add to this, I've been working all week testing little things out, I have an iPad Mini, iPhone 6 and iMac to try and replicate any issues. To fix any issue we need to actually physically see the issue happen on our own device. Imagine trying to repair someone else car that has the same model as you but the problem doesn't exist on your car. 

I've been using the iPad all day since this morning, almost 12hrs now and I haven't had one crash, Safari hasn't shut down, no there was an error on this page reload absolutely nothing. It's literally impossible to fix something that I can't see.

I've tried my own account, I have a DaveoTest account which I've cycled through the usergroups, I've tried Chrome, Safari. Nothing. I've checked the support forums and nobody else reporting any crash issues either, no bugs have been posted at all.

I'm at a total loss with crashing issues. Other issues I can replicate, some I can't fix and awaiting the next update and others I'm trying to work on. Things I am aware of that I can replicate are:

Can be fixed by refreshing the page

The menu not always opening on mobile

the post editor not showing 

Awaiting software developers to release the update

On clicking into the post editor you are either redirected back to the forum topic page, toggles Notify me of replies on or you see a large cursor.

PM showing no content or EX2 error.

We are not the only site to use this software, many others are out there requiring support which the software developers are working on, other site owners are submitting bugs to them which I have noticed on here and some I haven't. The list of bugs is shrinking by the day, they have been releasing updates weekly although held out last week to push out a big one shortly which the editor bugs will hopefully be fixed.

I totally understand the frustrations but not attitude, we are working on it, yeah right we actually are. I'm frustrated as well, I'd rather not be sat here trying to do the software developers job to fix issues and have unhappy members.

If the forum is really that unusable for anybody then all I can say is take a break away, or if you have access to a desktop/laptop use that as the problems now are mainly on mobile/tablets. Give us time to fix the issues or help us fix them by giving us better information when reporting problems. Saying something doesn't work or nothing happens gives us absolutely nothing to go on. 

If you can't post tell us exactly why, is the post editor not showing, can you compose the post but Submit reply doesn't do anything? does it appear to have posted but the post doesn't show? does it only happen in certain topics, certain boards. What device are you using, what software version are you using on that device, what browser are you using.

If the forum is crashing what do you mean exactly, does Safari just shut down and take you to the tablet homepage, does the this page has a problem, reloading error show, does the iPad turn itself off. Does this happen when you are just reading topics, does this happen when you are replying to the topic, is it when you upload an image?

The more information the better so we can nail these remaining few problems down.

When we first upgraded we had a lot of issues and I mean a lot which effected loads of people, now we're down to a handful of problems effecting a handful of users and if I could roll back to the previous forum whilst they work on these issues I would but theres no downgrade path, the only option is to restore a backup from February and lose all content which I'm reluctant to do now the problems are so few and effecting just a few of you now

Just to add to this, I've been working all week testing little things out, I have an iPad Mini, iPhone 6 and iMac to try and replicate any issues. To fix any issue we need to actually physically see the issue happen on our own device. Imagine trying to repair someone else car that has the same model as you but the problem doesn't exist on your car. 

I've been using the iPad all day since this morning, almost 12hrs now and I haven't had one crash, Safari hasn't shut down, no there was an error on this page reload absolutely nothing. It's literally impossible to fix something that I can't see.

I've tried my own account, I have a DaveoTest account which I've cycled through the usergroups, I've tried Chrome, Safari. Nothing. I've checked the support forums and nobody else reporting any crash issues either, no bugs have been posted at all.

I'm at a total loss with crashing issues. Other issues I can replicate, some I can't fix and awaiting the next update and others I'm trying to work on. Things I am aware of that I can replicate are:

Can be fixed by refreshing the page

The menu not always opening on mobile

the post editor not showing 

Awaiting software developers to release the update

On clicking into the post editor you are either redirected back to the forum topic page, toggles Notify me of replies on or you see a large cursor.

PM showing no content or EX2 error.

We are not the only site to use this software, many others are out there requiring support which the software developers are working on, other site owners are submitting bugs to them which I have noticed on here and some I haven't. The list of bugs is shrinking by the day, they have been releasing updates weekly although held out last week to push out a big one shortly which the editor bugs will hopefully be fixed.

I totally understand the frustrations but not attitude, we are working on it, yeah right we actually are. I'm frustrated as well, I'd rather not be sat here trying to do the software developers job to fix issues and have unhappy members.

If the forum is really that unusable for anybody then all I can say is take a break away, or if you have access to a desktop/laptop use that as the problems now are mainly on mobile/tablets. Give us time to fix the issues or help us fix them by giving us better information when reporting problems. Saying something doesn't work or nothing happens gives us absolutely nothing to go on. 

If you can't post tell us exactly why, is the post editor not showing, can you compose the post but Submit reply doesn't do anything? does it appear to have posted but the post doesn't show? does it only happen in certain topics, certain boards. What device are you using, what software version are you using on that device, what browser are you using.

If the forum is crashing what do you mean exactly, does Safari just shut down and take you to the tablet homepage, does the this page has a problem, reloading error show, does the iPad turn itself off. Does this happen when you are just reading topics, does this happen when you are replying to the topic, is it when you upload an image?

The more information the better so we can nail these remaining few problems down.

When we first upgraded we had a lot of issues and I mean a lot which effected loads of people, now we're down to a handful of problems effecting a handful of users and if I could roll back to the previous forum whilst they work on these issues I would but theres no downgrade path, the only option is to restore a backup from February and lose all content which I'm reluctant to do now the problems are so few and effecting just a few of you now

Why the attitude? And where did I say fixed?

Also if you want help saying nothing happens gives me nothing to go on. The page doesn't load, the editor doesn't show? What exactly is going on.

Dav

When my Ipad crashes, it takes me to the tablet home screen. It doesn't delete the tab on Safari and when I go back into safari I think from memory it tends to load up the previous page I was on.

it tends to happen mostly when I load up a new page in a thread (not the home pages or the individual forum pages). It could either be the first page in a thread or when I am loading new pages. 

There is no link that I can see on any individual forums where I can see it happening although I don't use them all. It will also happen several times in one thread and then not happen at all. 

I will see if I can help anymore when it next happens although I am on here less frequently now.

On another matter, when I press return to go down to the next line, it doesn't always default to a capital letter. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't. It's frustrating as I like to try and at least look like I'm making an attempt on grammatics. (Did I just make that word up?) not sure if anyone else is having this problem?

@rammieib Have you noticed if it's a topic that has a lot of embedded content in, images, videos, tweets that kind of thing?

I'm also trying out a new editor skin to see if the issues were skin related and not code, for those that are having the quirky editor bugs can you report back and tell me if it's any better. Looking at you @Boycie mainly as your moobs are concerning me.

@rammieib Have you noticed if it's a topic that has a lot of embedded content in, images, videos, tweets that kind of thing?

I'm also trying out a new editor skin to see if the issues were skin related and not code, for those that are having the quirky editor bugs can you report back and tell me if it's any better. Looking at you @Boycie mainly as your moobs are concerning me.

Dav

When my Ipad crashes, it takes me to the tablet home screen. It doesn't delete the tab on Safari and when I go back into safari I think from memory it tends to load up the previous page I was on.

it tends to happen mostly when I load up a new page in a thread (not the home pages or the individual forum pages). It could either be the first page in a thread or when I am loading new pages. 

There is no link that I can see on any individual forums where I can see it happening although I don't use them all. It will also happen several times in one thread and then not happen at all. 

I will see if I can help anymore when it next happens although I am on here less frequently now.

On another matter, when I press return to go down to the next line, it doesn't always default to a capital letter. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't. It's frustrating as I like to try and at least look like I'm making an attempt on grammatics. (Did I just make that word up?) not sure if anyone else is having this problem?

Just installed the latest update, with the next one Matchday Chat will be released.

I've put the default post editor back to see if that's been fixed or not so if you can let me know @Boycie 

I'm off to have a play around myself now and see what's been fixed and what's not

If you open a topic and the latest post isn't showing, for now just leave the page open for a few minutes and the show replies popup will appear, like I said (on my test account) I've opened a direct support ticket for them to take a look

Screen_Shot_2015-03-30_at_18.23.20.thumb

Screen_Shot_2015-03-30_at_18.23.20.thumb

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but when I try to post on my phone (Galaxy S5, Chrome/Firefox/Stock Browser, Wifi/3g/4g/offline) it takes forever for the text to appear when I type, and sometimes it doesn't appear at all. Bloody frustrating.

Help!

Archived