We need a quality Loan signing, but who?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JR can play anywhere across the front 3. He is plenty good enough at finishing, once he gets 1 and the pressure is off he'll get a few I've no doubt about that.

The rest of the team also need to contribute, there's enough goals in the team for CM and DB being out to not be a huge issue in terms of goals. The real loss is CM's overall contribution for me but I don't think bringing anyone else in will really cover for that, we just need to adapt and certain individuals need to stand up and be counted!

​How long is Bent out for?

CM might not be fully fit, might pull again, might not last a full game......

JR is a winger not a centre forward....

We need quality that can put the ball in the net, we certainly don't want a Brighton rerun against Bham and we will need quality against Norwich.....

Having CM and Bent out with injury and looking at how many chances we create in a game [brighton a good example], I honestly think investing in a emergency loan deal for a top quality striker will maintain the push for promotion.

I heard Bent was costing 65K a week,  as is now out injured, perhaps we should be bringing somebody who can convert all the chances - Adebayor does spring to mind or Soldado would also fit the bill.

The money we will make going up far out ways paying for somebody like Adebayor to come in till May.

We are still very good, we will still make lots of chances  in every game and every game should now be treated like a cup final , -  but we really do need a finisher, but who fits the bill?

Our strength is the tight-knit squad, the togetherness kindled by Clough and burst into flames by Mac. We need to have the collective group huddle in training, use whoever is fit, whether they are on loan from the prem or an untried kid from the academy...close the shutters, we're on our own, its us against the world.

We'll do it.

Come on guys he's new to the forum be nice. He's just showing his opinion.. Some fans might be thinking this.

The more sensible and level headed fans know Russell did this for Dundee and got his name from playing up front so he'll be fine.

*Chris Martin is only one game away from a return, and by now Bent 2-3 weeks

*We have enough firepower in the team to beat Birmingham

*The manager has said a loan the suits hasn't been found so isn't going to happen

*We are not paying Bent £65k a week - that is what he is on at Villa. We are paying a small percentage of that, believed to be around £18k

*Let's put faith in our existing players, they are good enough to get us up.

All good reasons why we don't need another loan

Archived