We need a quality Loan signing, but who?

Because they were quality players avaiable at the time? I've no doubt McClaren would bring in Aguero on loan tomorrow if somehow that became feasible. No point droning on about this after it's been made clear the right players aren't  currently  available at the right price...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget all I said you've obviously had Pochettino on the phone and enquired about the Spurs boys, I thought it was just wild speculation they were available on loan to a Championship side.

As for Russell's scoring record that is playing on the wing and missing a good chunk of the season, as you well know. Makes it kind of irrelevant to this debate for me...

​Who has made that clear?

As I said he is looking for quality as good or better than we have  -Bent is now out for the next few weeks, CM is not back - no guarantee even for Norwich game, I keep hearing ifs and maybes.

We still have  to replace Bent for the reason he was originally brought in to  ''give us more fire up front''...... this is not rocket science!

Even the best don't bag many from the treatment table ;) 

Anyway McClaren has acknowledged it's not ideal to play him centrally by saying they're looking at loans. But since nobody has come in he clearly believes Russell is a better option than anyone currently available to us. This is not rocket science! 

Also Martin is back for Norwich by the looks of it so there is no need to bring in a loan for pretty much one game. Russell is good enough, you can't say o he didn't score against Brighton and then say he can't play there, no striker scores in every game he plays up top. Yes hes not a cf but for one more game I think we can make do. Against Birmingham we need to take our chances and defend better as a team, then we will succeed and that wiil be the difference from the brighton game if we do.

I said I would run round the iPro naked with an ostrich feather sticking out of my rear end if we won (at Brighton). I'm so sure that we won't win against Brum that I repeat my offer

Jonny russel is a natural striker, we are actually playing him out of position on the wings (even though he does a bloody good job)

im pretty sure we're not asking him to play as a holdup striker cus that's bonkers as he's not that sort of player

and he's scored 6 goals over the season playing on the wing and only half then season, also, last time I ckecked there were 10 (9) other players who could have stuck the ball in the back of the net vs brighton

jonny is more than good enough for 1 or 2 games, half the teams in the championship would be delighted to have him up front

Nobody. Good. Is. Available. On. Loan.

Not Soldado, who spurs actually use.

Not Adebayour, who can't even be arsed to play half the PL games never mind go out on loan to a division he's likely never heard of. 

We can't force players to come to us.

And it's ok saying you have to spend to earn promotion. Be different if it was your own money you were gambling. There are currently 5 forwards available for tomorrow. There may be 6 next week and possibly 7 the week after. 

​I didn't say we have brought somebody in, I said we needed to bring somebody in and suggested those two as the type of quality that we could do to put the ball away.....but at a cost.

Cost is, what maybe  30k a week? 40k a week? it would be proportion of their salary  - but if we did pay this for quality from the prem for the last 8 weeks of the season it would mean goals and goals win games. The cost of going up far out ways the cost of a loan deal - this is a fact!

Archived