Captain fantastic.

Smyth_18

"Isn't Messi the captain of Argentina and Ronaldo of Portugal? RVP of Holland? Hardly vocal organisers or motivators on the pitch are they? So either their popular in the dressing room and good talkers or the armband means nothing and the real leaders lead anyway"

They lead through ability. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is true but our concern is the central defending not the wide areas has right now and also in the past sides are cutiing us open centrally.

That is part due to not getting the protection in front of them but once that is breached you have to do your job effectively and that is obvious to everyone that it is no happening.

The ball is not being cleared beyond the edge of our area and quite often it is just going straight up resulting in frantic defending there after.

For the second goal when Keogh comes towards Lua lua he stops and hesitates allowing him time to get the shot away.By closing the distance he either has to take the shot earlier or is forced wider.

It is becoming more obvious how much wisdom's defensive qualities covered the cracks that were there.

The run of clean sheets is not really the point it is about games now being played and in that run we were lucky on many occasions during it and the goalkeeping.That luck has now deserted us at present has every shot seems to go in but if you are strong centrally luck becomes less of a  issue.

A certain recently departed ex captain and legend in the true sense Dave Mackay would have had his defenders by the shirt if he had been playing.But suitability to be captain is for a different thread.

So who are the idiots on Twitter who have been sending abusivr tweets to Richard Keoghs wife today. He always gives 100% for our club. And to abuse his wife is totally disgraceful 

They are not proper fans of my club. I think all of us in the South stand on Saturday should chant  his name and give him out support 

So who are the idiots on Twitter who have been sending abusivr tweets to Richard Keoghs wife today. He always gives 100% for our club. And to abuse his wife is totally disgraceful 

They are not proper fans of my club. I think all of us in the South stand on Saturday should chant  his name and give him out support 

To be blunt im not a huge fan of either of our defenders neither are good enough for the prem

Keogh - has to many mistakes when it counts most

Buxton - Love his effort,but your heart is in your mouth every time he wrestles someone in our penalty area which is far to often these days.

But having listened to the match and just watching the highlights ,I take the view that the first goal was just plain unlucky the second should have been dealt with better.Both goals concerned shotton if you have to name anyone and I like him lol.

But  BY FAR the biggest culprits last night were those infront of brightons goal the finishing was just plain awful and I putthe loss down to that not the defending this time.

But I still would sooner give raul a go now in the place of buxton and not Keogh,for me Keogh is a far better defender all round than buxton.

I didn't go to the game last night (mainly as I was working til about 9pm) but having watched the highlights and read a couple of reports I'd suggest we were somewhat unfortunate to lose... Loads of great chances and Lingard missed a fairly easy chance at 1 0...

I think the most pertinent thing about our defence is that we've spent half the season with a deep lying midfielder rather than a proper DM and still have shipped less goals than 20 other teams in the league... Look at the stats of how many we've conceded with Big John in there and you'll see they're fairly impressive...

Plus... Looking at the highlights I'd suggest Keogh was being backed into by the CF and then Shotton failed to close the player down and made a half-hearted challenge for the first... and then Shotton was again woefully out of position for the 2nd which Keogh had to try and desperately cover for...

I'm not a keough fan,  I also think that both Keough & bucko could partner a better player successfully. but together  they make mistakes . What happened to the CD that the coaching staff & management confirmed we needed & indicated we were signing pre season. Hopefully ruel will make the grade 

Archived