Captain fantastic.

Smyth_18

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get why people get angry at Keogh.

Surely the anger should be placed at the feet of the man that picks him? Let's say for example, McClaren decided to play a goalkeeper with no arms, would you vent all your anger at the man with no arms - is it his fault that he can't catch a ball? 

No, you would blame the person that put him there in the first place. 

I don't think for one moment that Keogh doesn't try his absolute best in every game he plays. I don't think for one second that he doesn't give absolutely everything. I think the same of Buxton, too. 

If you've got a gripe with either of them, at this stage, then you need to focus your frustration on McClaren because he's the one playing them.

Surely the anger should be placed at the feet of the man that picks him? Let's say for example, McClaren decided to play a goalkeeper with no arms, would you vent all your anger at the man with no arms - is it his fault that he can't catch a ball? 

I don't think for one moment that Keogh doesn't try his absolute best in every game he plays. I don't think for one second that he doesn't give absolutely everything. I think the same of Buxton, too. 

If you've got a gripe with either of them, at this stage, then you need to focus your frustration on McClaren because he's the one playing them.

​I am frustrated at SM for this, Have said this from the middle of last season. He seems to have Keogh blindness. Much like Arsene Wenger has Goalkeeper blindness. For all the things he gets brilliantly right, there is a giant consistent failure. 

​I'm just ensuring that's where you should place all your frustration, though.

If a player doesn't try or isn't giving a 100% then I would agree with placing blame on the player, but in this case, it's McClaren's issue for picking him. 

i like it, and i dont mind Keogh, and didnt even see the match today, but trying to play and captain 40 odd games a season when you are already abit of a liability sometimes is a big ask. especially when we've got an apparent fancy pants, la liga, god on the bench. 

What a bunch of shiit posts.

it disgusts me that so-called fans want to start a feeding frenzy targetted on one player or another after every setback.

Archived