R.I.P Dave Mackay

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was only reading his section of the Player of the year book at 6.30 this morning and thinking about his massive contribution to football.

I posted a thread some time ago called 'Dave Mackay, THE Legend'

He will always be in our memories as a true great for Tottenham and Derby County. Also the man who manaaged the Rams to 1st, 4th and 3rd place in the top tier of English football.

RIP Dave, our thoughts are with your family at this time.

( Quote from his memoirs. I was hard, but not dirty, that's why I never got a red card!)

PS I still love my avatar!:mellow:

Old Spurs fans will be in mourning today as Dave Mackay will be remembered as one of their best ever players. 

Old football fans will remember him as one of the best ever players of all time.

Old Derby fans will remember both as a great player and a great manager

​Even as an old guy you could just tell he was as hard as nails...quiet, confident, polite, but there was an aura about the man. He was like an old mafia don!

Roy Mac will be devastated, he worshipped him. The mutual respect between the two was obvious.

sadly, it will take his death to make people realise his contribution to our club. I always feel his achievements are overshadowed by Clough and Taylor, when perhaps they should be equally revered.

RIP to a legend.

Where will his statue be erected?

Archived