Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

On 21/11/2017 at 06:44, Norman said:

Yeah, spent too long in America. Not many people will stay up that late for build ups and the fight. In fact, has he defended his title here? I dont think he has. And he won it over there too. 

Yeah, his front teeth fell out vs Badou. Was doing it before then. Just seems to be slurring his words. That fight i stayed up for. Was brilliant. You know someone is digging in when their gum shield keeps coming out because they have no teeth to clamp down on it.

Interesting to see if BT and Warren can start to put these big shows on over here. Think saturation point might be getting hit. Probably why Hearn is off to America.

I'd love Warren to comeback strong. Competition is good for the fans. 

What do you make of the Joshua thing. I can't see it being a hack. And the way the media has ignored it... well that's just dirty! 

I don't think Wilder or Parker will beat him. But I can't support him if that's how he feels. I didn't expect him to be as perfect as his image suggests. But a black supremacist is quite far from perfect. 

I know he's been under lots of pressure lately. He's getting criticised for his recent performance and every heavyweight on the planet is hammering him. But it's no excuse. He can go join John Terry by the pool in Dubai again and they can argue it out which colour person is superior.

Like Dillian Whyte said "if he's been hacked they'd send a message to Fury or Wilder."

Perfect time for Hearn to take him abroad. 

Long way back to the perfect image. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I'd love Warren to comeback strong. Competition is good for the fans. 

What do you make of the Joshua thing. I can't see it being a hack. And the way the media has ignored it... well that's just dirty! 

I don't think Wilder or Parker will beat him. But I can't support him if that's how he feels. I didn't expect him to be as perfect as his image suggests. But a black supremacist is quite far from perfect. 

I know he's been under lots of pressure lately. He's getting criticised for his recent performance and every heavyweight on the planet is hammering him. But it's no excuse. He can go join John Terry by the pool in Dubai again and they can argue it out which colour person is superior.

Like Dillian Whyte said "if he's been hacked they'd send a message to Fury or Wilder."

Perfect time for Hearn to take him abroad. 

Long way back to the perfect image. 

Dillian Whyte has been telling people for years about the true Joshua. To be honest, i just thought he was jealous or bitter. Now i'm pretty sure he's right.

So now Joshua is a drug pusher and potentially a black supremacist :lol:

What disgusts me, as you say, is the lack of coverage. I don't know why, but it's that under reported i bet most casuals wouldn't even know about it. If i had hacked his account, i'd go for Fury. The target they chose, if he was hacked, makes no sense.

Imagine Fury being caught sending that? 

Made me chuckle, that pic of Joshua and Terry.

3 hours ago, Norman said:

Dillian Whyte has been telling people for years about the true Joshua. To be honest, i just thought he was jealous or bitter. Now i'm pretty sure he's right.

So now Joshua is a drug pusher and potentially a black supremacist :lol:

What disgusts me, as you say, is the lack of coverage. I don't know why, but it's that under reported i bet most casuals wouldn't even know about it. If i had hacked his account, i'd go for Fury. The target they chose, if he was hacked, makes no sense.

Imagine Fury being caught sending that? 

Made me chuckle, that pic of Joshua and Terry.

Eddie Hearn did an interview with IFL today and he says it's happened a few times that dodgy messages have been sent out. He seemed so relaxed about it. Joshua is on holiday and will sort it when he gets back kinda thing.

That makes me think they're even more full of s***. 

It sounds like a 'play'. To just dismiss it with a shrug of the shoulders. It's nothing. Not worth commenting on. It's obvious he's been hacked. Nothing to it.

I'd maybe buy it if they did the obvious response. Send out apologies for any offence, I've been hacked, I'm obviously not a black supremacist, go public as there's nothing to hide. 

The way they've acted is like it's a very considered and patient response to something, if it was me, i would want to be all over it. 

I mean we've seen a different side to Joshua since the win over Wlad. Very celebrity, recently started biting and just a bit more ego. Which is cool. No problem there. The nice boy image was a bit much anyway considering his background and profession. But if the message to Eddie chambers had been sent another time then I'd think nah. But while he's had a bit of grief from all angles it makes me think he might be firing back at everyone. 

Hope he was hacked. He still is an exciting talent and Olympic champion. I'd like to keep supporting him, wouldn't You? I quite like seeing his more aggressive responses. 

But the way it's been handled just doesn't seem a natural response. 

I mean if Fury does go up against him he's going to bring up all of this and more in the build up. He will love to fight a Joshua that will want to kill him in the opening round. As we've seen Joshua has had 2 dodgy moments when he's got greedy. 

19 hours ago, Alpha said:

Eddie Hearn did an interview with IFL today and he says it's happened a few times that dodgy messages have been sent out. He seemed so relaxed about it. Joshua is on holiday and will sort it when he gets back kinda thing.

That makes me think they're even more full of s***. 

It sounds like a 'play'. To just dismiss it with a shrug of the shoulders. It's nothing. Not worth commenting on. It's obvious he's been hacked. Nothing to it.

I'd maybe buy it if they did the obvious response. Send out apologies for any offence, I've been hacked, I'm obviously not a black supremacist, go public as there's nothing to hide. 

The way they've acted is like it's a very considered and patient response to something, if it was me, i would want to be all over it. 

I mean we've seen a different side to Joshua since the win over Wlad. Very celebrity, recently started biting and just a bit more ego. Which is cool. No problem there. The nice boy image was a bit much anyway considering his background and profession. But if the message to Eddie chambers had been sent another time then I'd think nah. But while he's had a bit of grief from all angles it makes me think he might be firing back at everyone. 

Hope he was hacked. He still is an exciting talent and Olympic champion. I'd like to keep supporting him, wouldn't You? I quite like seeing his more aggressive responses. 

But the way it's been handled just doesn't seem a natural response. 

I mean if Fury does go up against him he's going to bring up all of this and more in the build up. He will love to fight a Joshua that will want to kill him in the opening round. As we've seen Joshua has had 2 dodgy moments when he's got greedy. 

I having nothing more to add. I fully agree.

So have you seen the Parker team's press conference? Lol. In a reception area, with a few posters. And nothing for them to sit on. They even have to keep moving for the mic.

That's not the best bit though. You've got to see the offer made to Joshua's sparring partners, Parker sweating his tits off fanning himself with a notebook and his trainers receding hairline that keeps getting worse. It's very cringe, so watch with a pillow you can place over your face.

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

I having nothing more to add. I fully agree.

So have you seen the Parker team's press conference? Lol. In a reception area, with a few posters. And nothing for them to sit on. They even have to keep moving for the mic.

That's not the best bit though. You've got to see the offer made to Joshua's sparring partners, Parker sweating his tits off fanning himself with a notebook and his trainers receding hairline that keeps getting worse. It's very cringe, so watch with a pillow you can place over your face.

I'm going to watch it now. I've seen the Whyte v Joshua amateur fight before. I'm not sure what he's trying to prove. Lennox Lewis got knocked out by Hasim Rahman. 

These heavies should go fight Whyte. Do a good job and you've got more to bring to the table. Or Bellew. Just anyone to increase your UK profile. While using the racism thing to devalue AJ.

While Joshua could sell out Wembley in a fight against Ant and Dec your not going to be able to make demands

22 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's left them both in a dead end. They needed each other again really. 

24th March or 5th  May 2018 now  

Training on stairs sounds a bit unusual really but Haye says he’s done it loads of times. 

Hope he can stay injury free for the fight next year for both of them and boxing fans.  

24 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'm going to watch it now. I've seen the Whyte v Joshua amateur fight before. I'm not sure what he's trying to prove. Lennox Lewis got knocked out by Hasim Rahman. 

These heavies should go fight Whyte. Do a good job and you've got more to bring to the table. Or Bellew. Just anyone to increase your UK profile. While using the racism thing to devalue AJ.

While Joshua could sell out Wembley in a fight against Ant and Dec your not going to be able to make demands

Ant wouldnt pass the drugs test

12 minutes ago, curtains said:

Do you think Kell will be back after this. 

Not at elite level. After the doctors told him he could have gone blind with one more punch from Golovkin it obviously registered with him. 

He took a knee in that Spence fight and spoke about protecting his health/vision.

I think once you compromise once you make it easier in the future. Not calling him a quitter but he'll be up against guys who aren't thinking of their health. 

The Khan fight will probably happen when they've got nowhere to go.

Do you like Brook? 

5 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Not at elite level. After the doctors told him he could have gone blind with one more punch from Golovkin it obviously registered with him. 

He took a knee in that Spence fight and spoke about protecting his health/vision.

I think once you compromise once you make it easier in the future. Not calling him a quitter but he'll be up against guys who aren't thinking of their health. 

The Khan fight will probably happen when they've got nowhere to go.

Do you like Brook? 

Yes he’s done Sheffield proud. 

The lads had it tough though. 

Don't watch  much boxing these days as the big fights are mostly on box office. 

Tend to listen on 5 live 

24 minutes ago, curtains said:

Yes he’s done Sheffield proud. 

The lads had it tough though. 

Don't watch  much boxing these days as the big fights are mostly on box office. 

Tend to listen on 5 live 

YouTube the day after has nearly everything matey.

If I miss a fight I get the missus to find it on YouTube so I don't see the result.

It's thriving in the UK right now. The super middle weight has great potential for domestic brawls. Eubank Jnr v Groves in Feb. The winner will likely face Callum Smith. And all will be hoping for a big meet down the line with DeGale. 

Eubank v Groves could be special.

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

If I miss a fight I get the missus to find it on YouTube so I don't see the result.

It's thriving in the UK right now. The super middle weight has great potential for domestic brawls. Eubank Jnr v Groves in Feb. The winner will likely face Callum Smith. And all will be hoping for a big meet down the line with DeGale. 

I agree. The UK is where boxing is at. I think Eubank beats Groves. He has the better work-rate and a good defence. Then again, if Groves gets his jab going it could be different. He's got a great jab. I'd love to see Groves vs DeGale again at some point. The fight and build up last time was fun to watch. 

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

Now i feel stupid. Always go on Youtube for the fights in America. They always give the reault away when youre searching. But ive never thought of doimg that :lol:. Ive been searching with one eye closed.