Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

47 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Wilder with a great performance last night. Looked like he really wanted to make a statement. 

I think he may have more power than Joshua. Great range too.

Crap defence

Wilder is a one punch wrecking machine but has been hurt, AJ can certainly beat him but should lose some weight so that he’s more mobile.

Whyte wouldn’t beat Wilder imo, the build up would be brilliant though!

24 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Wilder is a one punch wrecking machine but has been hurt, AJ can certainly beat him but should lose some weight so that he’s more mobile.

Whyte wouldn’t beat Wilder imo, the build up would be brilliant though!

Whyte is massively overrated imo. He's at his best when trading but he was wobbled by AJ in round 1 or 2 and AJ has gone up levels since then. Chisora rocked him multiple times and Helenius rocked him too. He is funny but I can't see him winning a world title. 

Be a great fight for Wilder to take. Good money, exposure in the UK, somehow a highly rated boxer. Ideal build up to AJ. If you was Wilder wouldn't you rather do that while AJ gets the belt off Parker?

You wouldn't fight Parker because would it be worth much? 

Fair play to Wilder though. He does seem to be focused more on getting good fights than getting the money. Agreeing to go to Russia to fight Povetkin and fighting Ortiz until both failed drug tests... Hearn would not do that. He wants to build the fighters up. 

Edited by Alpha

Stiverne was utterly terrible. Just put a high guard up, no lateral movement or anything and received bombs before going down. His guard was terrible too, Wilder planted a straight right through the guard and on the chin.

He looked in terrible shape too. Just a plump heavyweight who was acting as a punching bag.

Fair play to Wilder though. Got him out with no energy wasted. 

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

He really didn't have to put on a great performance last night.

He blitzed him though. Took no punches, picked shots, played to the crowd, took him down 3 (?) times in 1 round. It was punch perfect. 

I can't imagine any other heavyweight doing it so spectacularly perfect. Even Joshua tends to spend round 1 getting the range and figuring out the mechanism of the opponent. Wilder put on a show. 

Well I enjoyed it anyway.

Still think AJ will do him.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

He blitzed him though. Took no punches, picked shots, played to the crowd, took him down 3 (?) times in 1 round. It was punch perfect. 

I can't imagine any other heavyweight doing it so spectacularly perfect. Even Joshua tends to spend round 1 getting the range and figuring out the mechanism of the opponent. Wilder put on a show. 

I don't think the other fella had fought for about 2 years and took the fight at short notice, he was there for a payday and not to take risks.

13 hours ago, Alpha said:

Stick me in a ring with Wilder and you would have seen the same fight, just I’m a little more skinny.

Just watched the Benn v Mcclellan fight again. Brutal. 

I remember watching it live on ITV and thinking it was the best fight id seen. 

I've never seen the after fight interviews and reactions before. It doesn't show Benn in the best light, but shows Don King to be the knob I thought he was. 

With hindsight, you could tell the way McClellan's gum shield was hanging out and his blinking from round 7 that something was wrong. 

Think Wilder might have dug himself a hole. He's not offered Joshua the fight but he has talked Hearn into making him an offer. After saying he's not bothered about splits he's about to get offered way more than he's ever earned I imagine.

Might be time to work on that defence Deontay. 

43 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Think Wilder might have dug himself a hole. He's not offered Joshua the fight but he has talked Hearn into making him an offer. After saying he's not bothered about splits he's about to get offered way more than he's ever earned I imagine.

Might be time to work on that defence Deontay. 

Don't know why Wilder won't fight Whyte. Whyte says the deal is 3-4 million, which is way more than Wilder has ever been offered for a fight, Whyte has looked poor in his last few fights too. 

Fight Whyte, get well known over here, massive build up for the Joshua fight who has just took the other belt off Parker and a super fight is made.

Whyte is mandatory anyway, isn't he?

4 hours ago, Norman said:

Don't know why Wilder won't fight Whyte. Whyte says the deal is 3-4 million, which is way more than Wilder has ever been offered for a fight, Whyte has looked poor in his last few fights too. 

Fight Whyte, get well known over here, massive build up for the Joshua fight who has just took the other belt off Parker and a super fight is made.

Whyte is mandatory anyway, isn't he?

It's mad isn't it.

If Whyte makes him nervous then he can't back himself that much. He took the Povetkin fight for less than $1m I heard? Whyte would be the ideal launch pad as you say. 

I think Whyte is waiting to hear if he has to fight one more eliminator.

Breazeale beat Molina the other night which was an eliminator. Not sure what for but I think it was also WBC. 

Joshua's interview on IFL was good. Have you seen it? Great response to all Wilder's recent rant. 

BJS v Lemieux in December. Who you fancy? 

On 09/11/2017 at 17:50, Alpha said:

It's mad isn't it.

If Whyte makes him nervous then he can't back himself that much. He took the Povetkin fight for less than $1m I heard? Whyte would be the ideal launch pad as you say. 

I think Whyte is waiting to hear if he has to fight one more eliminator.

Breazeale beat Molina the other night which was an eliminator. Not sure what for but I think it was also WBC. 

Joshua's interview on IFL was good. Have you seen it? Great response to all Wilder's recent rant. 

BJS v Lemieux in December. Who you fancy? 

Lemieux. Billy Joe shouldn't even have that belt after his second to last fight in some run-down leisure centre :lol: 

1. Because he didnt win the fight.

2. No world title fight should be watched by less than 400 live.

The Monroe fight was no better.

Being a bit harsh on him there. But i really dont like his style or him as a person.

Plus he's fighting in Canada, isnt he. So he cant even rely on a dodgy points decision.

Golovkin wont be making much from whoever wins, i cant imagine.

I still think whyte beats Wilder & Wilder knows it hence the ducking

if you deep down think you’re going to lose then you may as well lose to Joshua (the bigger payday) than whyte.

I also think whyte ups his game against the better fighters & would knock wilder out. I genunely think he’s in of the hardest heavyweights. Not the best boxer in the division, far from it but just comes across that he loves fighting & would love a tear up in the street with anyone 

I think it’s interesting how Wilder has no promoter, no backing and no profile in the US.

He is the world heavyweight champion, yet his fights barely sells out a 10,000-seater arena.

He keeps saying AJ is ducking, yet he hasn’t put any offers at all to AJ. He’s calling him out, but sitting around waiting for the right offer.

In other words, he’s marketing his own belt with the idea of selling it.

If he really wanted to chase the big fights, his team would present offers. 

He probably knows deep down he’d get beat over here, so he just wants to secure that massive payday and retire into the sunset.

24 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Good night in the US for Eddie Hearn with Miller stopping Wach and Daniel Jacobs winning a wide UD.

I’d like to see Miller and Whyte fight. Reckon that would be an interesting one.

Only seen Miller fight once and it was against Washington. Looked pretty good. Good win last night. 

Do you think Povetkin could spring some surprises on these guys

16 hours ago, Norman said:

Lemieux. Billy Joe shouldn't even have that belt after his second to last fight in some run-down leisure centre :lol: 

1. Because he didnt win the fight.

2. No world title fight should be watched by less than 400 live.

The Monroe fight was no better.

Being a bit harsh on him there. But i really dont like his style or him as a person.

Plus he's fighting in Canada, isnt he. So he cant even rely on a dodgy points decision.

Golovkin wont be making much from whoever wins, i cant imagine.

I desperately want the little gypo to get beat before a payday. I can't believe he's held that title for so long.

50 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Only seen Miller fight once and it was against Washington. Looked pretty good. Good win last night. 

Do you think Povetkin could spring some surprises on these guys

Povotkin is 38 now, I don’t think he has much left in the tank.

Assuming he beats Hammer, he will probably have one last big fight in him then retire.

I’m disappointed he didn’t fight Wilder in Russia. That would have been an indicator as to Wilder’s ability.