Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

That Barcelona team was anything but boring. They were mesmerising. And far more ex-pros would agree than disagree with that.

Happy to be in the minority, but my take isn't on level with Muespach's.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say right?

I hope both these YTers get knocked clean out. 

There was an British Olympic boxer who became undisputed world champion and no British tv covered it last month. 

The fight lived up to all the hype. And the build up was not staged and was genuine mind games. 

This Jake Paul/Logan Paul poo fighting Mayweather and Love Island Tommy Fury? What are we watching here? It's like 2 pub teams being put in the Champions League to play each other. 

Mayweather has no right to call himself an active boxer. If he wants fights there are genuine tough fights for him now in boxing. But we're really in a world where people want to see a P4P legend fight a guy who's not worthy of a national boxing championship. And we're buying it? ffs. 

Then that other idiot keeps fighting wrestlers or whatever they are. Fight boxers. Active boxers.

Talking like they want to be taken serious but not willing to move up the ranks like every other fighter. If they're really that interesting and serious then fight real boxers and you'll get fast tracked. 

I won't pay a penny for this poo. It's nonsense. Fighting P4P 50+ fights elite veterans and UFC wrestlers... fook me. 

Josh Taylor deserves your money. 

On 01/06/2021 at 13:56, 86 Hair Islands said:

Ah, well, it's all about opinions. You have yours, I have mine. Woodley is a far heavier puncher than Diaz and therein lies the key, least to my way of thinking.

Absolutely spot on. Both of the Diaz brothers relied on volume punching, they were never big hitters. Woodley even as an old man throws much bigger punches than the Diaz brothers and much more than Askren too. Will be interesting. 

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

DAZN is incredible value for money at the minute to be fair.

Wouldn’t expect it to stay at £2pm.

Soon be up to £10pm and another subscription you need to watch a sport you like.

Remember the days when everyone hated the Sky Sports monopoly, but they were the only subscription you needed. 

32 minutes ago, David said:

Wouldn’t expect it to stay at £2pm.

Soon be up to £10pm and another subscription you need to watch a sport you like.

Remember the days when everyone hated the Sky Sports monopoly, but they were the only subscription you needed. 

Sky could cure cancer and I’d still join in the “Sky TV is ducking poo” chant. Great fun.

On 02/06/2021 at 23:06, Alpha said:

I hope both these YTers get knocked clean out. 

There was an British Olympic boxer who became undisputed world champion and no British tv covered it last month. 

The fight lived up to all the hype. And the build up was not staged and was genuine mind games. 

This Jake Paul/Logan Paul poo fighting Mayweather and Love Island Tommy Fury? What are we watching here? It's like 2 pub teams being put in the Champions League to play each other. 

Mayweather has no right to call himself an active boxer. If he wants fights there are genuine tough fights for him now in boxing. But we're really in a world where people want to see a P4P legend fight a guy who's not worthy of a national boxing championship. And we're buying it? ffs. 

Then that other idiot keeps fighting wrestlers or whatever they are. Fight boxers. Active boxers.

Talking like they want to be taken serious but not willing to move up the ranks like every other fighter. If they're really that interesting and serious then fight real boxers and you'll get fast tracked. 

I won't pay a penny for this poo. It's nonsense. Fighting P4P 50+ fights elite veterans and UFC wrestlers... fook me. 

Josh Taylor deserves your money. 

I agree totally! The problem is to many boxers duck the big fights, or the promoters try and milk there cash cows for as long as possible! Whys spence jr fighting pacquiao? He needs to box crawford! Same with Fury and AJ!

I dont like these you tubers fighting ex pros either, no matter how old they are! I just find it crazy! A decent amateur would beat the paul brothers! 

i mean fight other white collar boxers, fair enough! But i dont know why there getting licensed to box former pros, can see one of them getting hurt soon!

dont follow ufc but i hope jake paul gets laid out, seems a right little ?!! His brother doesnt seem to bad but think there both playing a dangerous game! 

https://youtu.be/XTLRyMQr9yE

? this guy is going to fight probably one of the greatest defensive boxers of all time! And pretty boy wasnt too bad at banging either until he messed up his hands lol! 

Reckon mayweather will be in shape, hes always had a good engine and while he makes out he eats fast food etc i bet the only burgers he eats r for the cameras! Floyd snr still does road work at 60 odd lol so i bet floyds still trains! 

1) Why would anyone pay box office for this exhibition fight?

2) The Hearn deal to move to DAZN is bad in my eyes. There just be hundreds of thousands, if not a million plus like me who would pay £20 to watch a big fight (Fury or an AJ) but I’m not subscribing to a channel for that.

52 minutes ago, rammieib said:

1) Why would anyone pay box office for this exhibition fight?

2) The Hearn deal to move to DAZN is bad in my eyes. There just be hundreds of thousands, if not a million plus like me who would pay £20 to watch a big fight (Fury or an AJ) but I’m not subscribing to a channel for that.

1) i know mate, but i reckon its crossed into the mainstream and people will pay! Most not boxing fans, they like the entertainment! 

2) If you can subscribe for cheaper n get to watch more fights, win, win!!