Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

2 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

So it's on guys!!

No, not Erik Alonso vs Jake Paul, the big one!

Anthony Joshua vs Tyson Fury set to be staged in Saudi Arabia on August 7 or 14, says promoter Eddie Hearn

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/12303436/anthony-joshua-vs-tyson-fury-set-to-be-staged-in-saudi-arabia-on-august-7-or-14-says-promoter-eddie-hearn

Fair play to Hearn, Fury's promoters don't seem arsed at all about making this fight, Eddie has been the only one doing anything to get it done. At least Saudi is a reasonable time zone for British viewers. 

35 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Fair play to Hearn, Fury's promoters don't seem arsed at all about making this fight, Eddie has been the only one doing anything to get it done. At least Saudi is a reasonable time zone for British viewers. 

Still think we need Our Erik on the undercard though buddy ?

Eddie has had all the power in this. 

I bet he's been shaking Saudi Prince hands, sailing past the Sydney Opera House and dining from a Vegas Penthouse for the last few months. 

Finally seduced I'm sure he'll make a fortune from this. 

Don't blame him. Bob Arum has lost touch and Frank Warren has been struggling to sell out leisure centers. 

Be awkward in my house. I think I'd prefer Tyson to win but the Mrs prefers Joshua. 

Either way, so long as there's no dodgy poo it will be epic. 

Meanwhile Floyd Mayweather is still conning people and they're still falling for it. Mugs. Full on mugs. 

Whoever wins we end up with a British unified HW champion, so it that regard I don't care.

What I do want to see is the reaction of every know it all boxing fan on social media if Fury gets his head knocked off. Also keep an eye out for Wilder and his cult of fanboys gobbing off whoever wins despite the fact he has already lost to Fury and ducked AJ.

I think there's blind fans of either fighter.

Some of the criticism aimed at AJ... that he can't box, he's stiff, no movement, gases out...

Look at the guys CV. He can bloody box and he is dangerous through a whole fight. How are they saying this? He's very obviously the biggest threat to Fury. 

And then on the other side there's those that just don't respect the little things Fury does. The serious side of him hidden behind a clown mask. That think AJ is just gonna be able to drop bombs on Fury because Otto Wallin did. We're gonna see the best Tyson Fury we've ever seen. And considering his performances v Chisora, Wlad and Wilder that's a scary prospect. His CV might not match AJ's but when Fury is focused there's not a more natural boxer.

In all fairness, why include a 3rd fight in the contract? This was always likely to be the upshot. Wilder stepping in now stinks, I agree, but why turn every heavyweight clash into a feckin franchise opportunity? Are they not making enough that they don't have to trample over the will of fight fans and their own fighters in order to get their noses in the trough one more time? This is why fans are losing interest in the game and deserting boxing in favour of MMA in their droves. Greedy promoters squeezing the pips out of the game has to be addressed.

Wilder has no belts. The other two hold all the belts.  Wilder will be quite happy on the advice of his agents to let this fight go ahead on the understanding he gets to fight whoever wins, as the belts will be all in a nice bundle. If he doesn't win them back he'll get a nice fat 50% of the purse and the chance to fight on home soil which would be incredible for a bloke with no belts by letting this go ahead. Perhaps he can have a new contract drawn up as well giving him another opportunity after that if he loses. He could do it till he's on a zimmer.

Either way he gets more cash than fighting Fury now and has one fight to get all the belts rather than two. 

I can vaguely remember a time when if you lost a world title you had to basically beat 2 or 3 top ten ranked boxers and a couple of up and coming pretenders over a two or three year period to get it back. Now its seems to be dominated by three or four fighters at each weight and there's so many  poor standard champions with 4 belts and linear belts on offer.   

What the bloody hell has Wilder done to have another go.  Agents have to much power now.

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

Ffs, never gonna happen now is it. 

Well done lads. Made negotiations for a fight last about 2 years. Why? Thought everyone was working on it. 

Embarrassing

Arum and Fury are the one's to blame for all this.