Nixon summer rumors

-JW-

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Butland would come to be no.1 and that's it. Would he go from being number 2 at Stoke to number 2 at Derby? Nope.

Does Grant deserve to lose his place? Nope. Two mistakes in consecutive games does not make him a bad keeper, I'd be happy with him being our number one in the PL for a season at least.

Tough call to be certain.

Butland was pretty solid when he was here and would be a good pickup imo depending on his cost? Would Grant be his backup and Roos is released or carry 3 gk's?

All conjecture but I would take Butland here as I think he has a good future.But if Grant is our guy upon promotion and start of PL season,I would be comfortable with that as well.

Harsh to judge Grant on the last two games. At this level everyone goes through a dip in form. Let's just hope he puts it behind him. Starting with the Charlton game.

Of course it doesn't help him that the defence has left him exposed too often in the last few games. Disappointing to see him beaten on his near post for Wednesday's second goal but Keane was allowed far too much space. Defence needs to be tighter. One slip from Jeffro and suddenly Keane's clean through on goal. Shouldn't be happening.

thats right, there were alot of folk on here giving out to hendrick for his balls up in midfield for the 2nd goal, but the guy went through like we didnt even have a defence. think it must have taken a deflection past Grant too, possibly a very slight one of another last ditch, desperate,  all or nothing lunge from our calamity captain.  dont bite, im winding you up. i like him. especially when he loses his mind at the important stages in a game. that was just a joke again. calm down

thats right, there were alot of folk on here giving out to hendrick for his balls up in midfield for the 2nd goal, but the guy went through like we didnt even have a defence. think it must have taken a deflection past Grant too, possibly a very slight one of another last ditch, desperate,  all or nothing lunge from our calamity captain.  dont bite, im winding you up. i like him. especially when he loses his mind at the important stages in a game. that was just a joke again. calm down

I don't think anyone is judging Grant at all, but I'd be stunned if we weren't in for Butland given Steele's praise of him during his time here... http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/eric-steele-jack-butland-has-everything-to-be-a-great-goalkeeper-2108531.aspx  

Steele is a world class goalkeeping coach and if we are promoted then he will want someone who he believes can get up to the very highest level. He clearly saw something in Butland that he likes and I wouldn't be surprised if we were to follow up with interest. 

He was decent in his time here, no doubt. I think he needs a lot more coaching but he does have a lot of potential - always has. 

I don't think anyone is judging Grant at all, but I'd be stunned if we weren't in for Butland given Steele's praise of him during his time here... http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/eric-steele-jack-butland-has-everything-to-be-a-great-goalkeeper-2108531.aspx  

Steele is a world class goalkeeping coach and if we are promoted then he will want someone who he believes can get up to the very highest level. He clearly saw something in Butland that he likes and I wouldn't be surprised if we were to follow up with interest. 

He was decent in his time here, no doubt. I think he needs a lot more coaching but he does have a lot of potential - always has. 

Agree with Ambitious - I'd be surprised if he wasn't on our 'to do list' if we go up, but there'll be another four or five goalkeepers we'll also be watching.

I'm not sure that this is any reflection on Grant. We would need three keepers in the PL, and two of those would have to be top quality. I don't think that Roos is quite there yet. Butland and Grant would have to fight it out to see who got the shirt, and any dip in form would result in an instant switch.

I think Grant would probably be ok with being a backup keeper and work on the next stage of his career - coaching!

He's already talked about having a more mature role at the club and who better to learn you're coaching skills from then Steele.

Archived