Nixon summer rumors

-JW-

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather we not spend a good chunk of our budget on getting Butland - a position I wouldn't perceive ourselves as weak in.

Midfield and attack would be fine in the Prem (assuming we keep/replace our loans) so I would rather the majority go on our defence which isn't strong enough for the Prem.

Not a Nixon rumour, but in today's match report in the Sun it says we'll have a 25 million budget if we go up, and we'll try and sign Ince for 5 million.

Thing is just from memory:

forest at home - both goals

boro away - bamfords

rotherham away - swipe and miss at free kick

wednesday at home - beat at near post (well wasn't even near post)

They are from memory and all pretty recent. I would expect a very good goalkeeper to stop all of them.

i like grant but he's not indestructible.

@rammieib  Not sure about that Bamford goal, looks more like a smart finish to me. Bamford's hit it first time on the turn from the corner of the six-yard box into the bottom of the far corner. Grant must have been expecting Bamford to take a touch and/or to have a shot at his near post, as you see him alter his position as the ball is played to Bamford.

Regardless though, he was still 'Man of the Match'.

Hull paid about £2m for Ince, so that's what I would offer them... plus the wages they've spent out on him. It's incredibly difficult for someone like Hull to turn down decent money for a player that has no purpose and role at the club. It's similar to Thorne at WBA. 

I'd say we will be interested in a goalkeeper for the reasons I've mentioned. Nothing to do with what Grant can or can't do. I just think Steele will want something special to work with - a new De Gea project for him. 

I wouldn't at all be surprised if we tried to bring Wisdom back, either, despite his flop at West Brom. 

Hull paid about £2m for Ince, so that's what I would offer them... plus the wages they've spent out on him. It's incredibly difficult for someone like Hull to turn down decent money for a player that has no purpose and role at the club. It's similar to Thorne at WBA. 

I'd say we will be interested in a goalkeeper for the reasons I've mentioned. Nothing to do with what Grant can or can't do. I just think Steele will want something special to work with - a new De Gea project for him. 

I wouldn't at all be surprised if we tried to bring Wisdom back, either, despite his flop at West Brom. 

@rammieib  Not sure about that Bamford goal, looks more like a smart finish to me. Bamford's hit it first time on the turn from the corner of the six-yard box into the bottom of the far corner. Grant must have been expecting Bamford to take a touch and/or to have a shot at his near post, as you see him alter his position as the ball is played to Bamford.

Regardless though, he was still 'Man of the Match'.

Archived