Shotton     Keogh     Buxton    Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes                 Hendrick

Lingard                                             Ince

Bent

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope we start with a high intensity on Saturday. Sometimes I think against the teams who come to stop us playing we start a bit sluggish, we don't pass the ball quick enough. We need to unsettle them early on. I reckon its the best way to beat these teams that set up shop not to concede. If we can get an early goal it would completely ruin their game plan and if they want anything from the game they will have to attack which would hopefully make it easier for us to create, score and DESTROY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked the way we finished on Tuesday after the triple substitution:

So how about:

Grant

Shotton       Keogh             Albentosa      Forsyth

Hughes         Bryson

Ince                 Lingard           Dawkins

Bent

Subs: Roos, Christie, Buxton, Hendrick, Thorne, Ward, Russell.

Given Wednesday are likely to be pretty defensive this could break them down as we saw on Tuesday.

Why is people putting Albentosa in Bucko place? He's RIGHT SIDE CB.

You are bang on DEL. I am going to write a letter to Mac right away because he keeps playing a left footed player on the right wing. Think how effective Ince could be if he was playing him out on the left. The bloke's a numpty. Bring back Clough I say.

I love that when people suggest Keogh should be dropped, they get greeted with "get off his back, we have the 3rd best defence in the league etc", but most of you will gladly drop Buxton. With the exception of Bournemouths second goal, what exactly has Buxton done that is so dreadful? Especially in comparison to his howler a game colleague...

Think we'll start with roughly the team we finished with on Tuesday, but with Shotton in for Cyrus.

But come rain or shine I also think he'll deffo give Thorne, Russell, Albentosa and hell, even Warnock a run out for 20-30 mins just to see how they cope/fit in, or in Warnocks case, calm down a bit and do his job.

Think it's a bit early to start with these guys.

But they need game time.

A fully functioning squad, from here on in, is vital

I love that when people suggest Keogh should be dropped, they get greeted with "get off his back, we have the 3rd best defence in the league etc", but most of you will gladly drop Buxton. With the exception of Bournemouths second goal, what exactly has Buxton done that is so dreadful? Especially in comparison to his howler a game colleague...

Let - It - Go.

Too many changes will destabilise things (given that the defence is sometimes rather unhinged, yeah I know!)

So - Shotton for Christie; Dawkins for Ward.

Lingard (especially) & possibly Thorne could be given a run out late in the game if we are cruising - I'm not expecting that we will be.

Raul needs game time, but it's too risky immediately to supplant him for Bucko / Keogh (barring injuries) because we need compact, productive performances and not experiments.

We know that some of these Derby players have made the journey so far, and might well enable the club to complete it gloriously by the end of the season - though a fair number of them will be jettisoned for Prem quality players in the summer.

Mac's mantra from last May often circulates in my mind: "If we are ready to go up - we will go up..."

Let's hope this improved squad is ready this time around! 

Archived