AmericanRam

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a lacklustre hour on Tuesday I would expect:

Bryson for Hendrick

Dawkins for Ward

Possibly Shotton for Christie

Two or three unforced changes would be quite big for us as we "felt the need to freshen things up a little" as Simmo will say in the team selection video. There's potentially a bigger decision over Mascarell versus Lingard but I expect us to start Omar and stick with 4-3-3. It's what we do.

Warnock's suspension will be over and Albentosa may ber considered fit enough for the bench, so the choice of subs will be very interesting.

Grant, Shotton, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth, Hughes, Bryson, Mascarell, Dawkins, Ince, Bent

Subs: Roos, Christie, Thorne, Hendrick, Russell, Lingard, Thomas

Don't think he'll be on the bench for this one or other games now due Russell back... But who knows

Don't think he'll be on the bench for this one or other games now due Russell back... But who knows

I get where you are coming from. I just think even though he is young and hasn't played a lot of first team football that McClaren will still want a recognised striker on the bench.

Grant

Shotton Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Mascarell

Hughes Hendrick

Dawkins                  Ince

Bent

Only change that I see the Walley making is Dawkins for Ward. Ward has not been on it at all since his injury and I'm afraid with Russell's imminent return it may be the end of his Derby days.

Strong team that will take the 3 points - 2-0

I'd love to see thorne but i think he'll be on the bench again. I'd like to see.

Grant

Shotton    Keogh      Bucko      Fozzy

Mascarell

Ince         Hughes      Bryson     Lingard

Bent.

The team for Saturday, taken from the collected views of everyone on the Rotherham-related threads, is decreed as thus:

Grant, Forsyth, Keogh, Buxton, Albentosa, Christie, Shotton, Mascarell, Thorne, Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson, Dawkins, Ward, Lingard, Ince, Bent.

Subs: Thomas

The team for Saturday, taken from the collected views of everyone on the Rotherham-related threads, is decreed as thus:

Grant, Forsyth, Keogh, Buxton, Albentosa, Christie, Shotton, Mascarell, Thorne, Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson, Dawkins, Ward, Lingard, Ince, Bent.

I'm not happy with the bench

If we don't win with 17 men on the pitch, we don't deserve to go up!

I'm not happy with the bench

Are you doubting Thomas?

Thorne has to start because it's incredibly difficult to bring him on. I'd say this is a good game for him to come into. 

Wednesday are very defensive and play very direct. The big Eastern European striker caused us no end of problems with his height, but he isn't exactly the most gifted player in the world. I think Thorne would be a good match. He will get space and he will get a lot of the ball. 

I fancy Darren Bent to have a good game against these. But, I think it will be a low scoring game. 

Grant; Shotton, Keogh, Albentosa, Forsyth; Thorne, Hughes, Bryson; Dawkins, Ince and Bent is what I'm going for. 

I have a sneaking suspicion he will start Thorne.

Think I might join you.

I'm predicting

Grant

Shotton

Keogh

Buxton

Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes

Bryson

Dawkins

Bent

Ince

McClaren said nobody is allowed bad games now so I think Christie and Ward might have blown it.

Wouldn't say Hendrick or Omar were bad. Just not good. It was too much of a mixed performance. Too much good followed by bad. But I don't think the other two stand a chance of starting. They made far more bad decisions than good ones. Ward especially.

But any player left out isn't rubbish. I'd still back both of them to give us something in the last 15 games.

Back to back home wins please.

Archived