Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

AmericanRam

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thorne has to start because it's incredibly difficult to bring him on. I'd say this is a good game for him to come into. 

Wednesday are very defensive and play very direct. The big Eastern European striker caused us no end of problems with his height, but he isn't exactly the most gifted player in the world. I think Thorne would be a good match. He will get space and he will get a lot of the ball. 

I fancy Darren Bent to have a good game against these. But, I think it will be a low scoring game. 

Grant; Shotton, Keogh, Albentosa, Forsyth; Thorne, Hughes, Bryson; Dawkins, Ince and Bent is what I'm going for.

Not that I think it will happen this weekend, but when was the last nil nil at home?

If Thorne has a bad game will he become a scapegoat.

Some will say it's McClaren for rushing him back.

If he doesn't start then it'll be that he should have started.

Truth is, only McClaren and Co know how ready he is. And nobody knows how the pace and intensity will effect him because there is no way you can create that. Not in U21's and not in training.

But I doubt anyone will blame Thorne.

Not that I think it will happen this weekend, but when was the last nil nil at home?

Think the last 0-0 we had was Sheff Wednesday away. They're as tight as a ducks arse and as creative as a Paul Lambert team with Mick McCarthy as assistant.

Can't remember a 0-0 at home under Mac?

Think the last 0-0 we had was Sheff Wednesday away. They're as tight as a ducks arse and as creative as a Paul Lambert team with Mick McCarthy as assistant.

0-0 vs Millwall. I was there and even I had forgotten about it. We had the 0-0 against Bolton last season as well.

If Thorne has a bad game will he become a scapegoat.

Any player would get abuse/stick. Seen 1 d!ckhead tweeted Christie to fk off and don't turn up on Saturday.. I was like FFS leave it alone and also someone tweeted and ask Keogh to fk off and leave our club asap... Jesus Christ our fans are so emabarrassing..

Wasn't home v Millwall 0-0?

Yes and annoyed about that game. :angry:  :(

Millwall and Bolton as far I can remembered.

Thorne has to start because it's incredibly difficult to bring him on. I'd say this is a good game for him to come into. 

Wednesday are very defensive and play very direct. The big Eastern European striker caused us no end of problems with his height, but he isn't exactly the most gifted player in the world. I think Thorne would be a good match. He will get space and he will get a lot of the ball. 

I fancy Darren Bent to have a good game against these. But, I think it will be a low scoring game. 

Grant; Shotton, Keogh, Albentosa, Forsyth; Thorne, Hughes, Bryson; Dawkins, Ince and Bent is what I'm going for. 

Superb lineup! I'd consider Lingard for Dawkins but either is fine. This lineup replacing Dawks with JR, when fit, is I think our best. 

Sheff Wed don't concede many at all so we'll really have to be on our game to beat them. I'm going to go for 2-0 Derby though and an influx of posts stating how good Keogh is after our clean-sheet to maintain the fickle opinion towards him ;)

My team of players that are definitely fit:

Grant

Shotton Keogh Buxton Fozzy

Omar

Hughes Hendrick

Ince Bent Dawkins

Would love to see Thorne, Russell & Albentosa on the pitch at some point if possible.

COYR

Any player would get abuse/stick. Seen 1 d!ckhead tweeted Christie to fk off and don't turn up on Saturday.. I was like FFS leave it alone and also someone tweeted and ask Keogh to fk off and leave our club asap... Jesus Christ our fans are so emabarrassing..

Sick of it. Yay, let's be all hard and tell people that play for the club we support to feck off. Oh isn't social media lovely. How to make players feel wanted and welcome. When did it become so common to think that acting like a cock helps. Society needs a cull!! Anyone seen Kingsman? Samuel L had the right idea...

I noticed that Wednesday are the worst attacking team in the league - ony 23 goals is 4 goals worse than Blackpool and 5 goals worse than Wigan and Millwall - the bottom 3 teams. Defensively however, they've conceded less than us, and have the 2nd best defensive record after Boro!  Take that for what you will - they probably won't score on us but they will be very hard to break down.

I think that means its a day for an attacking lineup:  Bryson, and probably, Christie  in 2 spots where there is major competition.

I think he'll make the changes as he' already said it was 15 minutes too late against Rotherham, he won't make that mistake again!

Grant

Forsyth

Buxton

Keogh

Shotton

Thorne

Hughes

Bryson

Lingard

Ince

Bent

Archived