Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

AmericanRam

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bet for a while last night you thought that your match-thread-starting reign was only going to last one game, AR.

I reckon the job's yours to the end of the season now.

The team for Saturday, taken from the collected views of everyone on the Rotherham-related threads, is decreed as thus:

Grant, Forsyth, Keogh, Buxton, Albentosa, Christie, Shotton, Mascarell, Thorne, Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson, Dawkins, Ward, Lingard, Ince, Bent.

Subs: Thomas

Sack the Mac, get VR in!

Surely whether you're fighting relegation, striving for promotion or plodding along in mid table, every game you play in a season is a must win game - how could it be anything else? Let's stop the phrase

Be a real tough one this. Rough and ready Wednesday team.

My team:

Grant, Shotton, Keogh, Albentosa, Forsyth, Mascarell, Hughes, Bryson, Ince, Dawkins, Bent.

Caveat is if Albentosa isn't ready then Shotton at CB and Christie at right back.

Grant

Shotton
Keogh
Buxton
Forsyth

Thorne
Hendrick
Hughes

Ince
Dawkins

Bent

I think Thorne has to start in this one. If we want to give him the chance to contribute to the run in then he needs to start getting games now that he has been passed fit. If he plays in our next 4 winnable games and does well then he will be ready to get us firing against Boro, Norwich and Brentford. Dawkins needs to start if Bent is playing, just so that it sticks up front. Lingard to come on for him in the second half if we need a goal. Shotton has to play instead of Christie; I don't know why the Shotton/Keogh/Buxton/Forsyth back 4 was altered anyway. They were very solid together. Christie should play if Shotton is out of form, or if we play Warnock at left back. 

I'm confident of a win from this one. The Wendies don't concede an awful lot, but they are shocking in front of goal. I think we'll get back to winning 2-0 comfortably for the next couple of games.

Archived