Warnock

leemark

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not for me.

I feel you would be saying different if it was one of their players that had committed the fouls.

Even Warnock knew as soon as he committed the 'foul' he was going off.

Maybe with another ref he would have got away with it but after what had happened in the previous 40 minutes he should be experienced enough not to be putting in such a pointless challenge 60 yards from his own goal.

If Warnocks fouls were conceded by the opposition, even if it wasn't a bad game, I fully expect everyone on here would have been asking for a yellow card to be given.

based upon warnocks yellow cards. One of the reading forwards went in late on keogh late in the first half. A free kick was given but no card. Why?? That's what wound me up. If he had given warnock a second yellow because he was late why not the reading player for the keogh tackle?

based upon warnocks yellow cards. One of the reading forwards went in late on keogh late in the first half. A free kick was given but no card. Why?? That's what wound me up. If he had given warnock a second yellow because he was late why not the reading player for the keogh tackle?

because he was an awful ref. That's why.

The first tackle was so late and reckless i was half expecting a straight red for that one alone.

Can't see how anyone has any complaints.

Having seen replays for both. Disagree entirely.

Seen plenty of tackles in the FA cup ties today that were far more forceful and late, some not even a booking.

Tbf to the referee he gets no replay. He sees contact and reaction.

I found the constant free kicks for both sides annoying. Just let the game flow a bit. And not every foul has to be a yellow.

I hate refereeing like that. Michael Oliver does it. It ruins matches as entertainment. They become a chore.

The other thing was the corner we weren't allowed to take in the first half. The pissed me off just because we had to endure plenty of time wasting.

That's what's great about Clattenburg. He'll wave on a few tough tackles and people will scream obstruction or "excessive force" or high foot. But as soon as a few have gone everyone just gets on with the game.

With refs like yesterday and Michael Oliver you get players dropping like flies constantly even under fair tackles because they know the referee is looking to punish.

I like to see referees, like Clattenburg, give the game every chance of going on without him being noticed.

A fussy referee = fussy players.

In the defence of referees there's a lot of disrespect towards them from players and managers. And tv replays in super slow motion make a very tough job look easy.

People say "well I know we've had the benefit of a replay but..."

No! No "but". It's real time or nothing.

The game is supposed to be enjoyable. Nobody paid anyone to watch the ball be stationary for 90 mins. And that for me was the biggest crime from yesterday's referee

It was a clean game that turned a bit dirty because he, right from the start, showed he'd not be accepting any tackle that's even slightly dubious.

My only complaint with the first Warnock booking was the tragic contribution of Hendrick on the edge of our area that resulted in a tackle needing to be made.

We can't control a referee but we can control ourselves. Maybe Warnock was forced into the first one. Not the second.

Tbf to the referee he gets no replay. He sees contact and reaction.

I found the constant free kicks for both sides annoying. Just let the game flow a bit. And not every foul has to be a yellow.

I hate refereeing like that. Michael Oliver does it. It ruins matches as entertainment. They become a chore.

The other thing was the corner we weren't allowed to take in the first half. The pissed me off just because we had to endure plenty of time wasting.

That's what's great about Clattenburg. He'll wave on a few tough tackles and people will scream obstruction or "excessive force" or high foot. But as soon as a few have gone everyone just gets on with the game.

With refs like yesterday and Michael Oliver you get players dropping like flies constantly even under fair tackles because they know the referee is looking to punish.

I like to see referees, like Clattenburg, give the game every chance of going on without him being noticed.

A fussy referee = fussy players.

In the defence of referees there's a lot of disrespect towards them from players and managers. And tv replays in super slow motion make a very tough job look easy.

People say "well I know we've had the benefit of a replay but..."

No! No "but". It's real time or nothing.

The game is supposed to be enjoyable. Nobody paid anyone to watch the ball be stationary for 90 mins. And that for me was the biggest crime from yesterday's referee

It was a clean game that turned a bit dirty because he, right from the start, showed he'd not be accepting any tackle that's even slightly dubious.

My only complaint with the first Warnock booking was the tragic contribution of Hendrick on the edge of our area that resulted in a tackle needing to be made.

We can't control a referee but we can control ourselves. Maybe Warnock was forced into the first one. Not the second.

here... Take my like.

Exactly on point. Unfortunately referees will never get a fair crack of the whip...

For different reasons I think we've had two poor referees in a row.

Yesterday's ref booked about 7 players and sent one off in what was anything but a dirty game.  He refed it as a premier league match and nowadays it feels that every foul is a yellow.  v Bolton we had a ref that could have sent two people off if he'd had a mind to - Keogh and Moxey - and missed a number of other issues.  Both failed to stop early on obvious time wasting, which has become a common tactic against us.

Neither were good refs it felt to me.  The guy yesterday 'lost' it for several minutes in the lead up to half time and then refed the second half very differently.  If he hadn't have booked Mascarell so early for what was a foul but pretty innocuous one, then he may have made life easier for himself and the game an even better one

i wonder how much of the EPL's

Perhaps Steve Mac cost us the FA Cup, saying quite openly on Radio Derby that it was not a priority and later on Sky we were never going to win it anyway. What ? ! A bloody side top of the Champ, with top clubs falling out all the time. He p----- me off

It's all smoke and mirrors. Don't take it all literally or seriously. Designed for paper talk.

here... Take my like.

Exactly on point. Unfortunately referees will never get a fair crack of the whip...

Interested to know what you made of yesterday's referee. Not to a point of each specific claim etc because he only has 1 view and it's at full speed. But in general management of the game?

Whatever McClaren said he sent out a team to win that game. They started off with all the speed and aggression that you'd hope for. We clearly matched the fight and ability of Reading easily. What we couldn't match was the spare man.

Thought we coped well with them trying to make us chase the ball. We didn't. And with them trying to keep width. The only real worry was that we didn't want a replay and had to try to win. Chasing the game made it stretch out and that extra man showed with every counter attack.

If that'd been a league game or we'd been winning. I think we might have seen then off even with 10 men.

Interested to know what you made of yesterday's referee. Not to a point of each specific claim etc because he only has 1 view and it's at full speed. But in general management of the game?

Mentioned earlier in the week regarding referee styles. Natural and manufactured.

He was of the manufactured sort.

Stopped play too quickly for my liking... But players didn't help themselves. Was a hard game to manage.

Had set himself up for a lot of cautions when he did Mascarell early on. But at least he was consistent with it.

If he let a few go early on, you then get the media and managers play the "inconsistent" card because he hasn't done everybody so to speak.

So all in all. Consistent, could have managed the game better with more flow... Had his rule book head on though. Hence the manufactured red comment

Archived