Rotherham United v Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully we can get him involved at some point :D

If things go well in the game say winning by 2 or 3 (who knows it could be more) then last 20mins ish Thorne to come on to see it out. Want him on the pitch and see our lot reactions will be quality lol.

Tomorrow night is a massive game for us.

Tricky little game but we should have too much for them really.

With Bournemouth unexpectedly dropping points on Saturday this is a really big opportunity for us to reclaim top spot and put pressure on Boro at Birmingham tomorrow night. 

Also Bournemouths next 2 games are Brentford and Forest away. So very tricky games for them. Whereas we have some very winnable games coming up in the next 6.

Like I said this will be a tricky game, but I just think we will have too much for them on the day.

Rotherham 0-2 Derby. Bent at the double.

COME ON YOU RAMS!!!

I reckon 2-0 to Derby and my line up would be-

Grant, Forsyth, Keogh, Buxton, Shotton, Mascarell, Hughes, Hendrick, Dawkins, Ince, Bent

Bench: Roos, Christie, Thorne, Ward, Bryson, Thomas, Lingard

Looks on the money to me :)

Seen Simmo on Sky Sports News earlier..seems v confident talking about going top with a win at Rotherham :) C'mon you Rams let's get the job done... Hopefully Thorne will get a run out & join up with Hughes in midfield, as Bryson, Hendrick doesn't seem to pull off?

This game is nearly as big as last Tuesday. Got a feeling we will be saying that a few times over the next month or two

All big games from now. Bl***y brilliant after too many seasons of mediocrity or avoiding relegation. Great days, embrace the tension, love it.

Every game is huge for every team in the top 7 - I'm not sure Wolves and Sheffield Wednesday have much going on anymore. 

I'd say the promotion race is down to seven: Derby, Middlesbrough, Bournemouth, Ipswich, Watford, Brentford, Norwich. 

I've seen a number of people tipping Norwich for automatic promotion, but with 15 games left, I would say that is almost impossible. At the very least, I think they would need to win 12 out of their remaining games. When you take into they still have to play a lot of us in the top six then it becomes a tall order. I still think they will be in the play-offs and I think Brentford will miss out. 

This game is rightfully dubbed as huge. It's about keeping our neck ahead of everyone else. If we win tomorrow, we're back top. If we lose tomorrow and Middlesbrough win on Wednesday then we will be four points behind Middlesbrough. So, if that happens twice and we then move seven points behind Middlesbrough. So on, so forth. It will take 90 points for automatic promotion this season, guarantee it. That's why I think it's a three horse race. We all have a lot riding on it.

As for the team tomorrow, I'd go: Grant; Christie, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth; Mascarell, Hughes, Bryson; Dawkins, Ince and Bent. Roos, Shotton, Thorne, Bryson, Ward, Lingard and Thomas.

I think it will be: Grant, Shotton, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth; Mascarell, Hughes, Hendrick; Ward, Ince and Bent. Roos, Christie, Thorne, Bryson, Dawkins, LIngard and Thomas. 

My thoughts behind my team is that we need the two wingers on the bench and a striker if needs must. Shotton can offer versatility from the bench, but Christie will give us another edge in attack - especially if we play Dawkins.

Bryson deserves to keep his place over Hendrick and Hendrick has had more than his fair share of stinkers to be dropped, for me. Bryson hasn't been great, but neither as Hendrick. You need to keep shaking until one gets in form. Otherwise we may as employ Bryson into the mail room. 

The rest is pretty much self-explanatory. I would say go for the jugular early on and then play keep ball. Rotherham will be up for the game, but if we can knock an early goal out of them, I think they will shatter in confidence. Similar to Brighton at home. 

Archived