Rotherham United v Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we're much better team than the one which faced Rotherham on the opening day of the season.

I don't agree about his quotes on our bench - they're names that's all and it depends a lot more than just individual ability as to whether they can fit in elsewhere.

To be honest I will be disappointed if we don't win tonight. I think Rotherham will definitely stay up, but like Cardiff City have lost comfortably to our rivals who play similar football (Bournemouth x2, Watford, Boro, Brentford) all at home.

I don't think they're the sort of team to be in our faces (like Wigan) and they don't exactly have a scary goal threat either.

It's one of our easier away games left IMO, and one we should win.

It's not going to be an easy game but with all due respect to Rotherham, a team who wants to be in the top two places should pinpoint a team like Rotherham as a way to get 6 points. We've already got three although we made it hard for ourselves, so let's not get complacent, be professional and do the job! I'd take 1-0 again right now although I think we'll win by 2.

I hope they stay up TBH.

Green was a decent servant to the club, one of Jewell's better ideas anyway. 

I never minded him as a player, but he was certainly not the type you would want to build a team round.

We pinned a lot of hopes on him, but in reality we actually picked off Donny's least skillful midfielder and the most workmanlike.

I shuddered when Clough use to play him all over the shop, especially at right-back. In fact, looking at Rotherham's team it's very reminscent of us under Clough in the first couple of seasons.

Very workmanlike, not much skill and suspect to teams willing to get it down and play.

Archived