Rotherham United v Derby County

AmericanRam

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Dawkins will start. With Martin injured, Dawkins is becoming our most important player. We don't have another player that can hold up the ball and bring other players into play. Bent isn't awful at holding up, but by making him do that, we are losing the best part of his game. 

I think the back four will have been instructed to use Dawkins as an outlet. He is very good at it. 

Very astute comment TD, spot on

Grant

Christie          Keogh      Buxton    Forsyth             

Mascarell

Hughes       Hendrick

Dawkins                                        Ince

Bent

Hard fought 3-0 I think with Bent grabbing 2 and Keogh scoring from a set piece.

This is the team. Bench to be: Roos, Shotton, Bryson, Ward, Lingard, Thomas, Thorne

Really a question of whether to have Naylor or Thorne on the bench, but if anything happened to Fozzy either Dawkins drops back or we change shape to a back three. And that gives a silver lining to Warnock's red card of having the opportunity to give Gorgeous George some game time if that's appropriate.

This is the team. Bench to be: Roos, Shotton, Bryson, Ward, Lingard, Thomas, Thorne

Really a question of whether to have Naylor or Thorne on the bench, but if anything happened to Fozzy either Dawkins drops back or we change shape to a back three. And that gives a silver lining to Warnock's red card of having the opportunity to give Gorgeous George some game time if that's appropriate.

Agree, I cannot wait to see Thorne again and I'm hoping he can play to the level we saw last year. I know he won't immediately be at peak form but glimpses initially would make me happy.

Once we get Thorne and Russell fit and firing, I'm not sure there's anyone in the league that can beat us!

I think Dawkins will start. With Martin injured, Dawkins is becoming our most important player. We don't have another player that can hold up the ball and bring other players into play. Bent isn't awful at holding up, but by making him do that, we are losing the best part of his game.

I think the back four will have been instructed to use Dawkins as an outlet. He is very good at it.

Dawkins is absolutely dancing at the moment too - he seems to have his head back in the game and he's great to see.

Really hope Bryso come on in 2nd half and score the winner to shut the haters... If our plan goes well in the game then Thorne will come on to see it out for last 20 mins ish.

Come on lads :)

Really hope Bryso come on in 2nd half and score the winner to shut the haters... If our plan goes well in the game then Thorne will come on to see it out for last 20 mins ish.

Come on lads :)

Team; grant Christie Forsyth Keogh bucko mascarell hughes Hendrick dawks bent and ince subs Roos shotton Thorne Bryson lingard Thomas and ward

If we score early we should be fine for the 3pts, if it gets to half time 0-0 it could become a tough ask. Will be important to use Ince's pace to create chances, there centre backs aint bad though so Bent may have some trouble one of them is 32 however so hopefully hes got the beating of them with pace. Dont think they have goals though, scored 28 all season and with our current defensive record we should be okay unless Derbyshire decides to play out of his skin!

What's the word on Johnny Russell? 

Training this week. I imagine he'll sit out vs. Rovrum, be a sub vs. Sheff Wednesday.

Dawkins to start for me. Disappointed to see him come off on Satdee, but I guessed at the time it was with tomorrow's game in mind - else we'd have seen Lingard come off. 

Grant; Shotton, Keogh, Buxton, Forsyth; Mascarell; Hughes, Hendrick; Ince, Dawkins, Bent.

Roos, Ward, Thorne, Naylor, Lingard, Thomas, Christie

Dependent on how its going, Thorne to get 15-20mins. I think if we'd have been 11v11 vs. Reading, we'd have seen him come on for Mascarell for the last 10.

Archived