AFC Bournemouth v Derby County

Mafiabob

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be a bit worried it could turn in to a Burnley situation if we lose this game.

We've got a Cup match on Saturday, whereas they've got Huddersfield at home in the league.

Lose this and a win for them on Saturday would put us six points behind (effectively seven with GD) and leave us with a under-pressure trip to Rotherham knowing we have to win just to stay in touch.

It could get ugly, on the other hand we could win and be guaranteed a top two spot for when we play Rotherham.

I'd be a bit worried it could turn in to a Burnley situation if we lose this game.

We've got a Cup match on Saturday, whereas they've got Huddersfield at home in the league.

Lose this and a win for them on Saturday would put us six points behind (effectively seven with GD) and leave us with a under-pressure trip to Rotherham knowing we have to win just to stay in touch.

It could get ugly, on the other hand we could win and be guaranteed a top two spot for when we play Rotherham.

Yeah, makes it seem more of a "must win" than I first thought.

First thought was that if we lose, away to Bournemouth, it's not that bad. But now it could look a lot worse than it is.

My decision on what would happen in this game was going to be based on who we bought in during Jan. I keep saying it but our squad is frighteningly good now, full of experience and talent, we've strengthened so well in January. I genuinely believe it's our time now and we are going to go on a run that will see us pull away at the top starting Tuesday night! You can just see the players are starting to believe now, they look full of confidence and the whole place is buzzing. If we beat Bournemouth not only is it going to send out a message to the rest of the league but the confidence it will give to the players Will be immeasurable! COYR!

Same team for me, despite conceding today.

Christe or Shotton? - Christie certainly offers more going forward however, Shotton defensively showed today he is superior and this is more important against a good attacking side in Bournemouth.

Forsyth or Warnock? - Warnock offers experience but for us is an unknown quantity so stick with Forsyth despite his poor distribution at times.

Albentosa or Keogh? -Keogh has a great partnership with Buxton at the minute so don't want to upset the balance.

Reckon the team will be the same, only position up for debate is left wing. Ward was poor today, Dawkins didnt do amazing when he came on, Lingard untested.

I reckon we'll go with Dawks as a more defensive option tracking back and just generally playing deeper. Injuries permitting the other 10 will stay the same. We can't switch off even for a second like we did for the goal today, today it didn't really matter too much but Bournemouth take advantage of these things. Can't wait for this game I'm really expecting a draw though tbh

Quick turnaround. Will Steve freshen it up or stick to today's winning team?

Will Jamie's hamstrings last 2 games so quickly? As he wasn't even in today's squad, Albentosa won't be ready.

The choices are really:

Ward or Lingard

Shotton or Christie

Forsyth or Warnock

I think we'll be unchanged, with the same bench

Will Jamie's hamstrings last 2 games so quickly? As he wasn't even in today's squad, Albentosa won't be ready.

The choices are really:

Ward or Lingard

Shotton or Christie

Forsyth or Warnock

Agree. Then 6/7 changes in the cup

The choices are really:

Ward or Lingard

Shotton or Christie

Forsyth or Warnock

The way I see the full backs is we have two attacking full backs and two defensive full back; Forsyth and Christie/Warnock and Shotton.  I think what Mac is aiming for is to have one of each, that way the defence is a little more covered, Forsyth goes forward but Shotton is still back etc

The way I see the full backs is we have two attacking full backs and two defensive full back; Forsyth and Christie/Warnock and Shotton. I think what Mac is aiming for is to have one of each, that way the defence is a little more covered, Forsyth goes forward but Shotton is still back etc

Great minds Shuffs, great minds......

My decision on what would happen in this game was going to be based on who we bought in during Jan. I keep saying it but our squad is frighteningly good now, full of experience and talent, we've strengthened so well in January. I genuinely believe it's our time now and we are going to go on a run that will see us pull away at the top starting Tuesday night! You can just see the players are starting to believe now, they look full of confidence and the whole place is buzzing. If we beat Bournemouth not only is it going to send out a message to the rest of the league but the confidence it will give to the players Will be immeasurable! COYR!

I totally agree  with this and we will show the rest of the league on Tuesday that there is only 1 auto spot left to play for.. Derby have the best squad in the league and in hughes and ince the best 2 players outside of the premiership.

Archived