3 - 5 - 2

dabber

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we're going to try something new, this has obviously been the game to do it. It sounds as if it's taking a while for the players towork out their positions and we can't afford that in a promotion-chasing season, so we need to beslicker come thesecond half.

A team without Ward and Russell loses some attacking purpose.

Dawkins has had to drop to left back on occasion. Could it be that left wing back is a position for him?

Can we see 33 year old Warnock storming up and down the wings?

Nothing if not interesting. Posting from half-time I'd say the jury's out. But it's good to see both Martin and Bent in the team, in their natural positions.

Keogh and Buxton looked totally unsuited by it, pushing them out on to the wing exposed Buxton more against pace, while Keogh looked nervy and hesitant like an accident waiting to happen on the right, sensible decision to go back to the four in second half

In certain games this could work well.

Personally I reckon we'll be back to 4-3-3 next week. At least we've had a go at a plan b that so many have been crying out for. Plus he'll be able to drop either Keogh or Bucko for Albe without putting their noses out of joint.

Can't comment for certain as I was not at match but from the sound of it,worked decent overall but definitely needs some fine tuning before used again.

I for one would love a formation in that all three of JR Bent and Martin can start.Bent is a poacher and the strength of Crissy along with JR and his speed could be really special if things click.

Just my thoughts.Probably watch Full 90 via RamsPlayer to get a better grasp of how 3-5-2 went today.

I still stand by my comment that he's not changing the formation. This was a Plan B and it turns out he threw a Plan C out there too in the  2nd half. Good move, as we needed to see those in action. On Tuesday, it will be back to our regular formation. The Plan B puts too much pressure on our young wing backs; they aren't Rory Delap and Danny Higginbotham quite yet. The diamond thing looked more promising as something we can pull out of our bag when we are losing and need that goal.

Archived