The Fawaz Circus 2015

Cardifframs

Jesus wept you'd have thought the poor lad had dropped dead on the pitch. I'm sure he's crying into his cornflakes seeing as he'll only be getting statutory sick pay after three months off like the rest of us.... Oh wait...

If I got seriously injured in my line of work id still be paid, yet it would effectively mean id be non deployable so no use to anyone. Just because your being paid doesn't make it ok!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really getting this thread,he's not one of ours,unfortunately professional sports people get injured every day,don't wish any harm to him!

Just don't get the man love for a player who has nothing to do with Derby county

I remeber a player flashing an imaginary red card to the ref and Buxton at the city ground,also trying to grapple with Buxton after there win at the pro only a few weeks ago

Unfortunately injuries are part of football,you just have to pick yourself up and carry on,like the rest of us in life when things don't go our way!

Reckon I will start an Andy Carroll love in ,he's injured again,just bad luck!

If I got seriously injured in my line of work id still be paid, yet it would effectively mean id be non deployable so no use to anyone. Just because your being paid doesn't make it ok!

Well I'd be out on my arse if I had to take more than six months off so excuse me for not crying a river for him collecting

Not really getting this thread,he's not one of ours,unfortunately professional sports people get injured every day,don't wish any harm to him!

Just don't get the man love for a player who has nothing to do with Derby county

I remeber a player flashing an imaginary red card to the ref and Buxton at the city ground,also trying to grapple with Buxton after there win at the pro only a few weeks ago

Unfortunately injuries are part of football,you just have to pick yourself up and carry on,like the rest of us in life when things don't go our way!

Reckon I will start an Andy Carroll love in ,he's injured again,just bad luck!

It started out with a few comments sort-of slightly empathising with a Forest player who happened to suffer exactly the same injury as Shaun Barker did against Forest, on the day that Shaun Barker made his first competitive appearance for THIRTYFIVE MONTHS.

Remember Shaun Barker?

I think it's a fair one to empathise, because our own club captain has fought through hell to get back to where he is now. If you haven't read the BBC interview with Shaun's wife, who feared at one time that he would never walk again, let alone play, please do so now.

Actually, just don't bother.

It started out with a few comments sort-of slightly empathising with a Forest player who happened to suffer exactly the same injury as Shaun Barker did against Forest, on the day that Shaun Barker made his first competitive appearance for THIRTYFIVE MONTHS.

Remember Shaun Barker?

I think it's a fair one to empathise, because our own club captain has fought through hell to get back to where he is now. If you haven't read the BBC interview with Shaun's wife, who feared at one time that he would never walk again, let alone play, please do so now.

Actually, just don't bother.

Well said eddie.

It is not a forest love in, its a few respecting an individual who will not be able to play the game he loves.  Just because some gumps chanted that Shaun Barker would die and some of our fans retorted about the death of Nigel, fine if you are in that retarded group go create a retard thread.

So what if he is sat on his backside playing his xbox, collecting his wage, his talent got him that wage, your talent got you your wage, so just don't go there.  Sooner earn what I am earning and not have the 12 months of pain, discomfort and rehab he is facing.

As for forest they are still a joke, I will laugh at them, make stuff up to get them to bite, take the p out of burns and carry on watching the circus.  However I do not need to use a horrific injury to a footballer to make a point, except about Andy Reid's hernia resulting from pie eating.

Many on here wouldn't get paid enough to live on.

Me being one.

He's a proffesional sportsman, this is a risk you take every time you cross the white line. It's a nasty injury, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but it is getting a bit ott.

I had two and a half years off work with a horrific leg injury, still haven't recovered financially, getting paid would have helped massively. He will feel his whole world has collapsed around him, but it hasn't and he will gain perspective in time. Good luck to the lad.

6 years ago I was off work for 8 months after getting both legs crushed by a forklift truck and i still have problems with swelling to the ankle joints to this day and i can't remember getting any good luck messages off any of you feckers :angry:

And don't give me any of that crap about how you didn't know me or about the accident, Ignorance is no excuse :p

6 years ago I was off work for 8 months after getting both legs crushed by a forklift truck and i still have problems with swelling to the ankle joints to this day and i can't remember getting any good luck messages off any of you feckers :angry:

And don't give me any of that crap about how you didn't know me or about the accident, Ignorance is no excuse :p

Oh my bad, I just thought your swollen ankles were because you ate all the pies?!

You also missed a very important game at Wembley! :p

Then a belated get well soon, ossie ram, card's in the post, I'm working on a website where people can donate towards a statue in your memory, and I've ask my local priest to remember you in the bidding prayers. ;)

I feel bad for the kid, because he is a young lad still trying to earn his place in the game. He's had a great couple years and looked to be coming on strong but this will undoubtedly knock him back - both mentally and physically.

It's a shame because it is his livelihood and I genuinely wish him all the best, from one man who has knee problems to another.

However, I'm not surprised that some people are in no rush to send flowers. He, like Ward for us, likes getting stuck in to Derby fans and the celebration in front of the South Stand following his goal obviously pissed a lot of people off.

I'm also in no doubt if one of ours, Hughes and Martin especially, got injured then a large portion of their supporters would be ear to ear smiling and laughing.

Nevertheless, I just hope he fully recovers - no matter how long it takes. Knee injuries are all about patience. He just needs to get himself set for not next season, but the one after.

Let's move this onto the remaining men of Doogie's happy band.

Another confidence building win over a team at the bottom of the league or the wheels start coming off the great forest revival...

'mon the Pool!!!!

Need them to keep winning. They could help us out in the run in, whilst in turn their fans start thinking Freedman is good and Fawaz isn't bonkers.

Need them to keep winning. They could help us out in the run in, whilst in turn their fans start thinking Freedman is good and Fawaz isn't bonkers.

As long as there's still a chance of them getting relegated, is rather they keep loosing. Maybe pick up a draw against bournemouth and Boro. But we shouldn't really be relying on them.

It's funny though. Out of all the teams in the lower league that we could hope to pick up results against our rivals, Forest do seem to be the most likely, and not only because of the poetic irony of it all. If they could pick up some of the form / luck they showed in the first few games of the season, they've for a chance.

The quality is there, on paper, to go on a bit of a run. No chance for the play offs at this stage, but they've got chance than most of taking points off the top teams. (But that's less and less likely with Britt's injury.)

Whether they're in a relagation scrap, or taking points off our rivals, I'll enjoy it either way. Everyones a winner.

Archived