The Fawaz Circus 2015

Cardifframs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, there could be no end of amusing ideas for £2k a go. "Your matchball sponsored by the DCFC benevolent fund, helping the poorest through football"

"Your matchball today is bought to you by the WE only had TEN MEN society"

ps. I am saying this ironically, but I guarantee someone will have this thought seriously.

its even better than that, you get the name on the front of the programme and announced for substitutions and scorers too. And on the scoreboard

all for £2k. Mel should just do it as a piss take. Nothing clever just 'your match all today is presented by derby county fc, by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.'

unless they get a bit arsey and refuse his money. In which case we'd have to come up with some fake company that sounds real, like 'deforestation tree surgery ltd.' see if we can sneak it through. 

Forest are bringing back an old tradition of smaller clubs. match Ball sponsors. Or the modern version £2000 to be a match sponsor

http://mobile.nottinghamforest.co.uk//news/article/sponsor-forest-v-middlesbrough-live-on-sky-2674811.aspx

I don't want to piss on anyone's chips here, but I hope you're all aware this is common practice and that we and all other clubs have match/match ball sponsors.

Like Davenport said, its pretty sad that it's news worthy, and just shows that they are desperate for revenue streams.  They can't even attract a shirt sponsor independant from the club.  Less and less commercial parties are interested in the Notts Forest brand as Fawaz is not seen as professional and is in the High Court too many times.

Archived