Raul Albentosa

Ashz09

You're seriously comparing Andy Todd to Raul Albentosa, a beast of a La Liga defender? Just stop while you're behind. When he walks on the field tomorrow I am gonna go bananas, whereas you'll probably be peeling them in the tree.

He cost 475k, its as low risk as it gets!

If he's great, fantastic and if he's not we've not lost a great deal, but building the fella up before anyone has seen him play really isn't necessary.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you bored and trying to get a bite? or are you actually just that er..... 'special'? I am comparing "expectation", you need to learn how to read and interpret what you're reading. Don't just see names and join the dots!

No appreciation for monkey jokes. Get a life.

Alright. He's obviously a decent player, but a few people are being slightly OTT.

I think hes going to be ok though don't you.

When Colin Todd was signed people thought 100,000 was a lot of money.

Sam Longson certainly did but it was a Brian Clough master stroke.

Really pleased about this! Hopefully now I'll get to see some Derby shirts around Alzira and not just Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea.

Was speaking to someone I know through work 10 minutes ago. He's been involved with coaching here for many years and knows Raul personally (he showed me their whatsapp conversations). Says that he's a very very dedicated player, probably the most he's ever known. Was always very good in the air, but since going to Eibar has become much more of an attacking threat. Feels that he we adapt perfectly to the English game.

As far as other clubs are concerned he hadn't heard anything official, but strong rumours that Sevilla (Seville) were watching him very closely!

Thanks Rich. A constructive post at last!

Sevilla

Andy Todd, Andy Griffin and many others played against the likes of Ronaldo, Torres (in form), Drogba, Henry etc. Who you play against doesn't make you a great player!

I have to smile at this. I used to have a similar argument with a friend who supported Liverpool and Jamie Carragher. He always got mardy when I told him they wouldn't win the title until they got a world class CB and he claimed Carra was because he had played against world class players :lol:

It will be interesting to see where he fits in.

He'll do well to replace one of our most consistent performers in the last four seasons Jake Buxton or another mainstay in Keogh.

Both Buxton and Keogh have been more than worthy of a starting place.

We shouldn't assume this guy is going to perform above their level.

Archived