Hughes

AmericanRam

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would hate to see him rushed into the senior squad, we do it far too often whilst the better nations around us have far stricter policies (with regards to making sure players come through the ranks before joining the senior side). look at how Chambers has coped the past two games, he looks so nervous. bags of potential there but all the criticism he's receiving now can't be doing him much good.

However he has not played in a Premier League yet and we have no idea whether his physique would allow him to cope with that league and shine within it..

What is with this obsession with "physique" in this country? The best player in the world is a ******* midget, get into the 21st century. Besides, the Championship is far more physical than the Premier League.

What is with this obsession with "physique" in this country? The best player in the world is a ******* midget, get into the 21st century. Besides, the Championship is far more physical than the Premier League.

Agreed. Football is not a sport where you have to be a behemoth to get the job done.  If your creative and skilled enough, doesn't matter how small you are.  The same can be said for other sports as well. A friend I played basketball with in High School was only 5'4, but yet was very skilled overall and ended getting a full scholarship to play basketball.

Best player on the pitch by a street - controlled the game whenever England had the ball, and broke up numerous Croatian attacks when they didn't. Some of his passes under pressure were exquisite. We HAVE to achieve promotion this season, because I want to see this kid play in the Premier League in the famous Black and White.

Would love to see his pass percentage tonight, can't think of a single time he gave the ball away.

He gave it away once, a header. And got booked when he lost the ball. Superb display. Like Germany, they should keep these lads together. 

That's Boycie talk.

Never been so insulted in my life, 3 defenders on you shouldn't be able to get a shot in, didn't look like it had great power either. 

Only going by that Vine as I didn't see the game, was the pitch bobbly or did the keeper totally misjudge it?

Archived