Hughes

AmericanRam

I actually think hughes will be a far better player in the premiership , championship at times too hurly burly for him , but I would be very surprised if we see him in premiership with derby as I think he will be sold in the summer although hopefully not  , but thorne hendrick n bryso wont let us down in the top league next season

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we have to sell Hughes at some point as seems certain, we might as well try to get him back on loan for a season . However how many Premier teams could he get into now? The other thing is that the Rams are handcrafted to suit the way that Hughes plays.. Which teams in the Premiership could give him the freedom that he needs to get the best out of him?

If we go up, i don't think its certain, and I'm not keen on this loan back idea. its a bit condescending in my view.

If we don't go up (I think we will) then I'd be a little bit conflicted. I think he's reached the stage of his development where he needs Premier League football, so for the good of the player, I hope he would get a move. On the other hand, a team with Will Hughes in it has a much better chance of going up.

Was a class above last night, and has been regularly this season.

Am confident of keeping him if we go up, his best bet is with us in the prem where he's guaranteed games, if he really excels there then i could see him moving on, but not before we don't need to sell, so why should we?

However, if we don't go up, i have to agree in that it would be time for him to move on to something more, but we should be able to command a very healthy fee for him. 

Ffs....he's 19

How many 19 year olds play week in, week out in the Prem?

He is better off with us, which ever league we are in.

He would be 20 in my scenario. There's no point in him playing another season at this level, he's too good. I'm confident he'll go up with us but if not, take the eight figures and wish him well.

Looked class last night.. Not just last night most of the previous games he's played. He's really stepping up at the moment which is what we needed always wants the ball and get sin good positions. The way he kept the ball amazed me last night wouldn't sell unless we get silly money e.g

IF we go up we need to keep him. If we don't we need to cash in at 10m+. Until we know what league we are playing in, he needs to stay. 

And bizarrely, a season in the Premier League resulting in relegation often sees good players value rocket ! ( heaven forbids we bomb straight out again )

So we would get a season of watching Will, and chance to receive a higher fee.

Derby are rightly concerned about selling Will......it is so hard to know his future value, which could be phenomenal

He is only going to get better, so I am sure strategy is to keep him at the club as long as possible.

Archived