Hughes

AmericanRam

I watched the England U21 match via Wiziwig and Will looked very good in it imo.His passes were crisp,and he was good on the ball as well.As has been said before,if we do not get promoted,I think it will be very,very difficult for us to keep him.

Hughes just seems to be getting better every time I watch him.He was good last season as well,but he has really taken that next step this season imo.

Time for a Hughes group as Srg did for Dawks? If so,I am on board.

P.S. I think his ankle injury is not that bad from the way he looked when coming off.Fingers crossed.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened on 5live. he played in the hole behind the front 2 and had a brilliant first half . He was mentioned continually and they said he was getting kicked a lot but would have to get used to this at whatever level he played because really good players always got kicked.   The commentators could see he was carrying a knock before half time and expected him to be substituted. I guess they hoped he would run it off at the beginning of the second half but he was visibly limping and they replaced him with Ince.  It sounded more  due to kicks than an ankle injury per se. Whatever lets hope it is nothing that wont 'mend' in a few days.

Playing as he did, he will be in the England squad before the end of the season....only way England will ever improve is to get skilful attacking players into the team environment.

With an easy qualifying group and loads of teams going through, there will plenty of chances to get him at least into the squad. I believe will really plays better with even better players around him. Without doubt in Premier League he could currently only play behind front two or possibly out wide as he did when first stepping up to Championship level. With Hendrick hopefully fully fit to start, I would like to see Will given a try at one of our wide positions, as an alternative to him not playing occasionally due to differnt type players being possibly prefered

I watched a bit of the England game against Estonia. two conclusions, firstly I would rather watch Derby County for entertainment value and secondly if Will Hughes could not do better than some of them then I am in need of someone to tell me why that is not so. Hughes is a very bright guy. He went to Repton School. His thinking ability and speed of thought is obvious to anyone who has watched him for three games to realise that some of his ideas are not flukes but show originality of thought.. The England team look to me like a team that are not allowed to use their own intuitive thinking and have become slaves to a style of play that bores me. Chris Martin is another player who revels in using his quick thinking. I think that George Thorne came to Derby because he realised that he would be allowed tom run games and develop his natural ability without being told to play to a rigid plan. This is why, with a few additions that I think that Derby will stay up if they get promoted. It is probably an over simplification to say that Leicester have a 50-50 chance of staying up this year because Burnley and QPR look as if they are considerably poorer teams than them. Only three teams go down, so that leaves only one other team they need to get more points than. If Derby can WIN this league why would they not only have one other team to be better than. Too simple? Check the table at the end of the season. What could spoil my theory is QPR spending 30 million and going further into debt with impunity from fines.

Good job the forest lads aren't on this thread. They all think Hughes is crap. 

Mind you, they think Reid and Lansbury are good.

Their only experience of him is when he's been kicked to death in a local derby. Strange how they can't admit his quality, i'll gladly say that Lascelles/ Darlow/ Osborne looks like decent prospects.

Not overly bothered by Lascelles or Darlow, but that Osbourne looks good.....and could fit our midfield template?

With regard to Will, I believe he is different from any other ( English ) player in the country. And better than almost all. Just ask yourself this, if you could swap him for anyone who would it be?

I personally

wouldn't swap him for any of the CM players in the last England squad.

Archived