Engagement

AmericanRam

However, I'll ruin all that by saying I actually proposed about 6 weeks earlier over the phone. We were talking about travelling the world together, and I suggested it would be easier if she had a British passport, so we should probably get married. Not quite as romantic.

Then we met in Argentina for a holiday, and she helped me pick out the ring before I proposed. So not really a surprised.

And I totalky chickened out of asking her dad, as he looks like a mafioso. And her brother properly wanted to kill me.

And then we got pregnant a week before the wedding. So we've still never really travelled the world as planned (although our daughter has been to Peru twice, Mexico, France, Scotland and Spain and she's only 5, so we've not done too badly).

Anyway, the moral of the story is, there are many ways to propose, only you know what your girlfriend will like best, but I reckon simple and private is probably better.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I proposed to my wife, I'd had a romantic thing planned in the centre of Sheffield (cos we lived nearby). We went into the city and went for a coffee and I was so nervous I thought I'd explode and ended up popping the question just sat next to her in Cafe Nero.

Her first comment: "You finally got round to it then!"

I proposed at the mouth of the Devils Throat (cataratas del Diablo) on the Argentinian side of Iguassu Falls, during a full moon (mostly) private tour of the falls. I do have my moments.

did you hold a torch under your chin and say "muuwahahahaha!" Afterwards?

Fook all that romantic stuff... Just tell when you will marry her, tell her she's lucky and to brush up on the cooking and bedroom skills.

Never ask her parents, they should feel lucky having you anyway.

Women need to know where they stand mate.. So tell them where they stand.

:angry:

When I proposed to my wife, I'd had a romantic thing planned in the centre of Sheffield (cos we lived nearby). We went into the city and went for a coffee and I was so nervous I thought I'd explode and ended up popping the question just sat next to her in Cafe Nero.

Her first comment: "You finally got round to it then!"

There is no such thing as..... 'a romantic thing in the centre of Sheffield'.

There is no such thing as..... 'a romantic thing in the centre of Sheffield'.

Well yes but the plan was to do it in the Peace Gardens amongst the fountains in a grand gesture. Slightly better & hopefully would have been with the bare minimum of piss soaked tramps.

When I proposed to my wife, I'd had a romantic thing planned in the centre of Sheffield (cos we lived nearby). We went into the city and went for a coffee and I was so nervous I thought I'd explode and ended up popping the question just sat next to her in Cafe Nero. Her first comment: "You finally got round to it then!"

What was your first time like under the sheets? Oh, and what was her first comment.

Archived