Engagement

AmericanRam

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I plan on booking the cabin next week and to go ring shopping as well. I was nervous a few days ago, but with the helpful tips and words of encouragement from my fellow Derby fans, I am counting down the days till her birthday next month  :D

P.S. Cisse has asked and yes her sister is still available.  I will try to bring her with me in December, so all you single blokes can have a gander at her.   Just make sure you have a large pizza and a box of chocolate on hand if you decide to talk to her  ;)

AR, just the fact that you've put so much thought and care into this says everything really.

I'm not a slushy girl myself, couple of white wines, a fishcake and a sincere proposal would do me, but I am easily pleased, and I appreciate many ladies love the whole shebang.

If your lady likes the pizzaz then you're on exactly the right road and I only hope she realises how lucky she is. Good luck x

Hahaha! Sounds like a decent night out to me! You could have thrown in the bus fare home as well though. Bit tight aren't ya :D

Always room for negotiation. Don't reveal everything that is in your hand was something I learnt early in life.

Note to American Ram. I do hope for $10k you are getting one hell of a women because over here it seems to me that for about

I ordered the ring today.  I think it is quite nice if I do say so myself.  Again, thanks for the tips mates :)  A stock picture of it is below:

"http://www.kay.com/images/products/0235/023527803_MV_RS" alt="023527803_MV_RS">

10K White Gold.

I'm sure she'll love it.

Don't listen to I-Ram undermining your decision to shell out for the big rock, he's just jealous that you haven't proposed to him. You broke his heart you know...

I can only echo what has been said as well, you're a good hearted guy to have put this much thought into it.

Best of luck lad  :)

I am already taken ;) But I feel honored at the attempted pimp, truly chivalrous. See! Easily pleased! :D

I think you put AR off by telling everyone you're a cheap date anyway. AR obviously likes his high-maintenance girls.

And plus he's American, do they even have fishcakes over there?

How young is too young to get engaged?

Im 19 and two separate people I know have just got engaged, surely can only end in tears?

Don't think it's the physical age that matters Shuff. It's the level of maturity that matters. As any fall out can be resolved with enough maturity and willingness to make it right.

Im 19 and two separate people I know have just got engaged, surely can only end in tears?

Possibly. But then it's not our place to judge as long as they are happy. I know someone who got married at 18 and he is still with her now at 31. My mum married my dad when she was 19 and they've been happily married for about 37 years now. Well, they're bored stiff of each other but at least they're going to grow old together eh?

I'm sure she'll love it.

Don't listen to I-Ram undermining your decision to shell out for the big rock, he's just jealous that you haven't proposed to him. You broke his heart you know...

I can only echo what has been said as well, you're a good hearted guy to have put this much thought into it.

Best of luck lad :)

Please do not deprive me of the pleasure of being a cynic. When you get to my age Tommo it's one of the pleasures of life. Two tips my young friend. Don't marry an American. Statistics suggest they will double in size every thirty years from 16 onwards. If you buy a ring for your girlfriend that expensive get a GPS chip fitted to it so you can track her every movement (or more importantly the rings every movement). You can always come to me for life skills and knowledge, as you won't find support like this on Expedia.

When you meet the one, doesn't matter how old or young you are, you'll know. I was engaged at 18, married at 21, not long celebrated our 17th anniversary, with a son who's 16 in a couple of weeks.

Well just found out tonight something that has me changing my plans...but it is fine.  I asked her about what she wanted for her birthday and was just about to say, 'I got us a cabin for the weekend', she told me she wanted to go visit her family in Tempe,Arizona.  I obviously could not tell her why I wanted her to stay with me for her birthday....so we are going to Arizona.  Their is no time or place to be alone there really;  I have been thinking about it all night, and have decided what's the point of waiting? The ring I ordered will be here by Thursday according to the tracking number, so I am proposing this weekend at the cabin(booking it tomorrow). Sunday just so happens to be the third anniversary of our first date, so perhaps a better time anyway.

I will let you know mates how it went.  If I am not on here for a day or so, it is because I am distraught :(...but seriously though I know she will say yes.  Wish me luck mates.   :)

P.S. Hope the cabin has good wi-fi for Millwall match. :)

Archived