Matt Ritchie - John Percy

Animal is a Ram

I don't see that Russell is any better than the other wingers we have personally but don't know anything about the Bournemouth winger so cant really say, we certainly need to improve the delivery from wide areas so go for it if its what Steve wants, can remember coming out of Wembley and saying for all the play we had there were very few decent crosses coming in.

Also on Saturday all the best deliveries came from the right back Christie. Not sure Russell is even a proper winger really, wasn't he a central striker in Scotland?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would we have started Russell yesterday risking injury if we was about to sell him 2 days later?

I am guessing this is irony? Not important to my points however.

1) I think, and actually suggested, 48 hours ago that JR needed a big game on Saturday because I just got the feeling that Mac didn't completely buy into the "JR is great" theory. Two bids turned down yes, but no evident suggestion either time of us saying "and don't bother coming back". Dawkins is a McClaren signing and keeps the ball well. I have seen like others only limited viewings of MR but I suggest that if his goalscoring record is comparable, he has much better stats than JR in respect of assists, passing accuracy, ball retention, etc. Even if we have to throw a sweetener in, I would be happy to see a MR/JR swap.

2) I am not a Keogh basher, and think he is ok at this level, and am not banging the drum to see him leave, but I am pretty convinced that he too will be considering TODAY where his future lies. I suspect he is on an ultimatum from DCFC generally, of sign your contract son or be away with you. The writing has been on the wall since Shotton was signed.

I would really not be surprised if 2 were out tomorrow, and at least one in. I suspect there is a young Chelsea or perhaps Man City centre back (probably not German) who is waiting to see where he might be sent when the Premier music stops playing, and the chairs stop moving.

Perhaps Russell is not enjoying our new rotation system and wants a full-time role !!??

That could be what seems to be generally upsetting our players.  and stopping them finding their consistency within and between games. 

Think about it Steve !!

Perhaps Russell is not enjoying our new rotation system and wants a full-time role !!??

That could be what seems to be generally upsetting our players.  and stopping them finding their consistency within and between games. 

Think about it Steve !!

What "new rotation system"?

I am guessing this is irony? Not important to my points however.

1) I think, and actually suggested, 48 hours ago that JR needed a big game on Saturday because I just got the feeling that Mac didn't completely buy into the "JR is great" theory. Two bids turned down yes, but no evident suggestion either time of us saying "and don't bother coming back". Dawkins is a McClaren signing and keeps the ball well. I have seen like others only limited viewings of MR but I suggest that if his goalscoring record is comparable, he has much better stats than JR in respect of assists, passing accuracy, ball retention, etc. Even if we have to throw a sweetener in, I would be happy to see a MR/JR swap.

2) I am not a Keogh basher, and think he is ok at this level, and am not banging the drum to see him leave, but I am pretty convinced that he too will be considering TODAY where his future lies. I suspect he is on an ultimatum from DCFC generally, of sign your contract son or be away with you. The writing has been on the wall since Shotton was signed.

I would really not be surprised if 2 were out tomorrow, and at least one in. I suspect there is a young Chelsea or perhaps Man City centre back (probably not German) who is waiting to see where he might be sent when the Premier music stops playing, and the chairs stop moving.

Pretty much the way I see it entirely.

Would be hilarious if Dawkins goes and not Russell... But it looks like Russell is off.Russell: he always put in 100% for us but let's also face the fact that we always imagined him to be a big goalscorer for us... He wasn't. He's quick, and scores from time to time... But I think Matt Ritchie will be a great signing and will suit us perfectly.

Why would it be hilarious? Dawkins > Russell

I am not a Keogh basher, and think he is ok at this level, and am not banging the drum to see him leave, but I am pretty convinced that he too will be considering TODAY where his future lies. I suspect he is on an ultimatum from DCFC generally, of sign your contract son or be away with you. The writing has been on the wall since Shotton was signed.

I too agree with this statement!! I-Ram

Archived