Matt Ritchie - John Percy

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking more about the finances of having 6 CB's on the books already......we are still paying for O'Brien and Barker.

It would have to be a stupendous CB signing for me to be excited, and I don't think that could ( or possibly should ) happen with our budget.

I'm not sure we are. Motherwell will presumably be paying some of OB's wages (which won't be much anyway). Barker's wages will be covered, at least in part, by some sort of insurance.

I'm not sure we are. Motherwell will presumably be paying some of OB's wages (which won't be much anyway). Barker's wages will be covered, at least in part, by some sort of insurance.

Quite probably, but when O'Brien comes back, and the minute Barker joins in with 1st Team training it could leave us paying 3 extra wage packets with an added signing.

I don't believe clubs insure their players against injury nowadays as the costs are prohibitive. Even if we did, we gave Barks a new contract post-injury, so that'll have to be paid for by the club, no one else.

Quite probably, but when O'Brien comes back, and the minute Barker joins in with 1st Team training it could leave us paying 3 extra wage packets with an added signing.

OB is gone until January. If he's not going to get near the squad when he comes back, he'll probably be out on loan again. I can't see Barker ever playing again. I don't think we should sign another CB but I don't think money is an issue either

I don't believe clubs insure their players against injury nowadays as the costs are prohibitive. Even if we did, we gave Barks a new contract post-injury, so that'll have to be paid for by the club, no one else.

You could be right, I'm not really sure. The new contract will be on reduced terms though as there's no way we would be paying someone 8k? a week when he isn't likely to play again.

I really hope this one comes off, would be exactly the kind of real quality and creativity I think would give us an edge in tight games. Would't want to lose Russell, as I think there's still more to come from him, would much rather see Dawkins go. However, it does show the strength of our squad, that we are able to offer a swap deal (if true) of one of our rotational wingers for another teams best player.

Archived