The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

I cut a bunch of their comments out and pasted here: 

We won't play a better passing and moving side than Derby this season, Hughes and ####### ran us ragged in first half, only thing that will stop them being promoted is the same as every other team in this division, the defence and keeper. Grant looked dodgy at times tonight but did pull off some good saves

Completely overrun in midfield, why we didn't have anybody man marking Hughes is beyond me as nearly every attack was started by him drifting around in space. 

Derby pulled us all over the place, the way they strolled through our midfield was scary and for large parts their defenders could easily bring the ball 20 yards unopposed into the centre of our half.

First thing is that Derby were a much better team than us for a large part of that game, we could not match there organisation, passing and movement.   They will be promotion candidates come the end of the season. Best team I've seen at Ewood for some time.

In reality Derby footballed us to death

I dont think anyone can argue that derby deserved the points. They passed us off the park and closed us down extremely well. They werent afraid to get stuck in and be physical when needed. They also attacked with pace. In short, they 

Were everything we werent for 75 minutes.

As many have already stated we weren't even at the races in the first 70 minutes of the game. At times like this were we are being outplayed by a superior team we need to revert to 5 in midfield.. 

They were much sharper and hungrier than us, if they play like that all the time (Hughes) then they'll be up there

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cut a bunch of their comments out and pasted here:

We won't play a better passing and moving side than Derby this season, Hughes and ####### ran us ragged in first half, only thing that will stop them being promoted is the same as every other team in this division, the defence and keeper. Grant looked dodgy at times tonight but did pull off some good saves

Completely overrun in midfield, why we didn't have anybody man marking Hughes is beyond me as nearly every attack was started by him drifting around in space.

Derby pulled us all over the place, the way they strolled through our midfield was scary and for large parts their defenders could easily bring the ball 20 yards unopposed into the centre of our half.

First thing is that Derby were a much better team than us for a large part of that game, we could not match there organisation, passing and movement. They will be promotion candidates come the end of the season. Best team I've seen at Ewood for some time.

In reality Derby footballed us to death

I dont think anyone can argue that derby deserved the points. They passed us off the park and closed us down extremely well. They werent afraid to get stuck in and be physical when needed. They also attacked with pace. In short, they

Were everything we werent for 75 minutes.

As many have already stated we weren't even at the races in the first 70 minutes of the game. At times like this were we are being outplayed by a superior team we need to revert to 5 in midfield..

They were much sharper and hungrier than us, if they play like that all the time (Hughes) then they'll be up there

Funny that you missed all the Martin ones.... ;)

Yeah, put in in the latest 'Martin is rubbish' thread but might as well put it here, too.

Quote from Blackburn forum:

The problem is two-fold ,Bowyer is tactically poor. ,Derby more fluid, tactically sound ,everyone knew their place. Secondly ,our formation suffers to accommodate Rhodes,who tonight was a complete passenger,Whereas Derby's Martin gave a display leading the line allowing their midfield the platform to dominate.2 up front doesn't work against well coached sides.

"Outplayed

By a very slick Derby side for 70 minutes . In the last twenty you could see them wilting and if we could have scored earlier maybe just maybe we could have got an undeserved draw .
Best team I`ve seen down Ewood for a season and a half ."

"Yes and yes they are. Their fans let them down by not singing 'it's just like watching Brazil.' Their work rate was huge and their general play was excellent and good to watch, (unfourtunately). Good fightback from our lads in the last 15. There is some hope."

"So Derby are exactly the same as last season then?

Pretty football, possession stats through the roof but still concede two goals.

Has anyone found the weakness yet? bigsmile"

http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/31460-match-review-thread-rovers-v-derby/

Derby gave us a lesson on how it should be done with their pressing, passing, defending and their play. 

If true that the owners were watching, I hope they recognized that the other team played us off the park in the first half. Hughes was head & shoulders (no Joe Hart reference intended) above our midfield. Defending frailties dog us constantly. We just seemed to rely on pumping it to Rudy and hope something happens. It was so disappointing not to carry on as we left off against Wigan, especially as we had the best possible start, but Derby showed class to dominate the match.

Totally outplayed. 

Great start, followed by seventy minutes of being dominated, outplayed and embarrassed.

Not sure what homework Bowyer does on the opposition but it can't be thorough , because you don't have to be a brain surgeon to work Derbys danger men out. Home and away last season Hughes ran the show, tonight he had the freedom of Ewood.

Derby showed why they will be challenging for top 2. we almost got a draw that I think we might have deserve tbh but Derby passing and movement was exceptional. the best side Ive seen at Ewood Park in the past 2 years,

Derby had the look of a Premier League team-in-waiting.

"Having said all that I believe I saw the best midfielder in the division tonight in Will Hughes. I rate Cairney highly but Hughes is really top notch."

Last season Bryson was the best, this season Hughes ...... next season Hendrick can be one of the division's (Hopefully Prem) top midfielders and the season after Thorne?  ;)

What about this one?!

"Compare that to Derby who were effective and passed patiently between their back four and the keeper until we were drawn out, stretched and gaps appeared all over the pitch which they then exploited with swift attacking raids based on crisp incisive passing. Their passing game was designed to produce an end product whilst ours was not. For those old enough to remember it was reminiscent in style and application to the Liverpool teams of the late 70's and 80's who swept all before them. "

What about this one?!

"Compare that to Derby who were effective and passed patiently between their back four and the keeper until we were drawn out, stretched and gaps appeared all over the pitch which they then exploited with swift attacking raids based on crisp incisive passing. Their passing game was designed to produce an end product whilst ours was not. For those old enough to remember it was reminiscent in style and application to the Liverpool teams of the late 70's and 80's who swept all before them. "

And I guarantee that while we were doing all that patient passing, there were Derby fans moaning about going sideways and not getting it forwards quick enough.

Archived