The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they tried to play football and didn't do there homework. That was the problem put 10 men beind the ball against us and defend in packs and man mark we'll struggle they did nothing like that! Nice fans though and a good read!

Yep. Nice fans - apart from the one who hit me in the face with a coin after the final whistle. I was lucky - it hit the frame of my specs before hitting my eye so it took the pace off it and didn't break the skin.

Eddie, where did you get your liking of this word from?  I've never heard it from anyone but you - I had to look it up a while ago to figure what you were talking about! :)

Checking google still none the wiser? Guessing Eddies wife or a random important eastern european girl? Will make my theory of learn something new every day work!

Its a colonial term for the missus i think. probably what officers in the British raj called their womenfolk or more likely what the natives had to call the wives of said officers.

Eddie would have been middle aged when we ran India.

Seriously Eddie, coin throwing at Blackburn on a Wednesday night? Kin'ell, cowardly little cnuts.

Eddie, where did you get your liking of this word from?  I've never heard it from anyone but you - I had to look it up a while ago to figure what you were talking about! :)

It comes from the fact that I am from old military stock, with close ties to India.

Bolton forum....

"I can't believe we had 42% possession, that much. It looked as though Derby had more footballs than just one!"

Struggling to find anything about us, it's all, as you'd imagine, about Freedman.

Mac is backing Freedman.Do you think Freedman should get sacked? I personally don't think he should.

Mac is backing Freedman.Do you think Freedman should get sacked? I personally don't think he should.

Team is not good enough, if they get a new manager it might galvanise them for a bit but I'd be shocked if they finish higher than 16th regardless of the manager.

There was an article on When Saturday comes suggesting derby were in a bolton position for a few seasons following the 2007 premiership season.

The link was posted on one or two bolton forums.

Interestingly I read at least one Bolton fan thinking Clough would be a good appointment for them given the finanical constraints Bolton currently have (ie a lot of debt)

Bolton are like us from 2009/10 ish. Huge rebuilding job needs to be done there - same goes for a number of clubs too like Brum, Wigan, Cardiff City, Leeds United and Blackburn are heading that way.

Are there any clubs that actually strike you as moving positively in the right direction?

Other than Derby, Boro, Bournemouth and perhaps Wolves, I can't see many more that are properly on an upward curve.

Bolton are like us from 2009/10 ish. Huge rebuilding job needs to be done there - same goes for a number of clubs too like Brum, Wigan, Cardiff City, Leeds United and Blackburn are heading that way.

Are there any clubs that actually strike you as moving positively in the right direction?

Other than Derby, Boro, Bournemouth and perhaps Wolves, I can't see many more that are properly on an upward curve.

Watford has a good setup I believe but agree the four you listed are the main ones.

Archived