The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

Viewpoint from the Forest forum:

"And As for Derby;

Hughes much stronger than he looks. He had the beating of Reid in the first half.

Dawkins impressed me.

Buxton is a thug, not a footballer.

I do think that Derby are going to be somewhere in the top 6 come next year so a draw isn't that bad."      

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a poor quality game between the two teams who are sposed to be first and second favourites to win the league. Not a good advert for the championship.

The occasion was too much. Forest top of the table, fans vowing to "get revenge" for the 5-0, us a little off form. Battling isn't our best quality and Forest reminded me of how Leicester always play against us when they are at home. I am delighted with a point, we retained the Brian Clough trophy and the last 10years still looks like this:

Derby: P18 W9 D5 L4

UTR

The occasion was too much. Forest top of the table, fans vowing to "get revenge" for the 5-0, us a little off form. Battling isn't our best quality and Forest reminded me of how Leicester always play against us when they are at home. I am delighted with a point, we retained the Brian Clough trophy and the last 10years still looks like this:

Derby: P18 W9 D5 L4

UTR

I'm not dissatisfied with the result I'm just saying the game must have been ***** for the neutral

We've got an outstanding record against Leeds and Forest - the two teams I dislike more than others. 

Leicester and Burnley on the other hand - we could be putting six past Bayern and still struggling to get a result at the Crisp Bowl. 

You can't take what Forest fans say into consideration too much, like us for them, it's going to be biased. 

I did have a quick gander on the Blackburn forum and a few of their lot - isn't the busiest of forums - were delighted that Buxton was suspended, they really seemed to rate him, similarly to Wednesday fans. It's only Forest supporters that seem to think he's 'pub league' 

Just had a look at a Rovers forum and a poster said this about this about us. 

Buxton got a red card at the weekend... Big blow for them. They are another team like Wigan, very tidy but with more strength and power up front. Our best chance of getting a result from this one will be Rudy.

We're like Wigan, Really???

Just had a look at a Rovers forum and a poster said this about this about us. 

Buxton got a red card at the weekend... Big blow for them. They are another team like Wigan, very tidy but with more strength and power up front. Our best chance of getting a result from this one will be Rudy.

We're like Wigan, Really???

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Last year, we sometimes didn't have the ability to grind out results and that cost us valuable point5s ie. Birmingham 3-3.

By playing like Wigan and having the ability to see games out, we'll pick up more points in tough games.

Hughes and ward were class but it wasn't about individuals as we have those in Cairney and Marshall the whole way the Derby team moved was leaps and bounds ahead of our lot.

Outclassed on every level 

A lot of them saying we looked a lot fitter than them despite playing on Sunday - Sheffield Weds said the same thing.

That preseason we had seems to have worked.

A lot of them saying we looked a lot fitter than them despite playing on Sunday - Sheffield Weds said the same thing.

That preseason we had seems to have worked.

Oh yeah. Blackburn fans know their stuff, and they know who their daddy is ... so what did they say about Martin? lol

"First thing is that Derby were a much better team than us for a large part of that game, we could not match there organisation, passing and movement. They will be promotion candidates come the end of the season. Best team I've seen at Ewood for some time"

Doesn't it just make your heart melt!

We won't play a better passing and moving side than Derby this season, Hughes and ####### ran us ragged in first half, only thing that will stop them being promoted is the same as every other team in this division, the defence and keeper. Grant looked dodgy at times tonight but did pull off some good saves

Derby did deserve the 3 points from their first hour display but thought we tried hard and looked good going forward.

Harsh on Grant, defensive concerns are nothing new for us

Archived