The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't care less what other football fans think. But he will be with us next season and still only be 20-years-old.  :)

Quite frightening to think that if we do well, him, Jeff & George could be the heartbeat of the team for the next 10 years :)

Unrealistic in this day and age but you never know...

A few comments from the Sheffield Wednesday forums following our match:

Re: Will Hughes, this thread: http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/216188-will-hughes/page-1

Did he play today?

I just don't get the hype about him, you hear people spaff over him yet IMO he just looks very ordinary.

Derby's best two players IMO are the Defenders - Buxton and Keogh. (May did well against them)

Also Jamie Ward another game he comes here and does naff all and to top it off get's the mardys on and storms down the tunnel.

Some very interesting views on who our best players are!

Very good player.

Derbys best player is the fullback Forsyth, and they will do very well to keep hold of him.

Agree that forsyth is superb, their man of the match for me. Hughes looked off colour to me, but I've seen him a few times on tv and he is a quality player.

Surprising when Forsyth perhaps put in his worst performance in 12 months on Saturday and his passing percentage must have been below 60%. Shows how different things can look from either side.

As a side note, I cannot understand why Derby don't play Jonny Russell week in week out. He's a brilliant player, full of energy and was the only player who caused us any issues today. Jamie Ward was awful.

Most people who see Russell seem to say this. His chances summed him up though, he's still so wasteful despite seemingly having all the ability you could want.

A lot of people expect Hughes to be a maundering attacking midfield player that's painted in the press. He isn't and won't ever be that. He simply keeps things ticking by this his quality. That said, he was pretty pish against Wednesday and was easily marked out the game. 

Forsyth was poor too, no idea why they thought otherwise? He was forever chasing back after losing the ball, Christie too. 

Mascarell, Keogh, Buxton and Grant were the four that played to/above standard

I couldn't bring myself to look at the views following the performance at Wednesday, to be honest. I already knew what they were going to be. 

A lot of people expect Hughes to be a maundering attacking midfield player that's painted in the press. He isn't and won't ever be that. He simply keeps things ticking by this his quality. That said, he was pretty pish against Wednesday and was easily marked out the game. 

I couldn't bring myself to look at the views following the performance at Wednesday, to be honest. I already knew what they were going to be.

With Hughes, it's all this Gerrard's 'natural replacement' nonsense that the media spout. Much like Sammon was Bloomer's natural replacement and couldn't live up to it. On seconds thought, maybe I dreamt that second one.

Most people who see Russell seem to say this. His chances summed him up though, he's still so wasteful despite seemingly having all the ability you could want.

I honestly think he just needs regular games and a few goals to get going. Unlike Ward and Dawkins who don't seem close to making a difference when they start (not slagging them off, I think they're good impact subs and I like the style of both), Russell always seems like he can cause problems for defenders. If he gets some form going he'll get more than his fair share of goals in my opinion.

Derby's midfield struggled today and that's a compliment to our performance really made it hard for them. Maghoma was excellent and took Hughes right out of the game. We fvcked their game plan big style. Couldn't be prouder 

Couldn't be prouder of a 0-0 draw with Derby at home (When we were miles off our best)  :huh:

Archived