The view from the outside 14/15

Thierry Ennui

Better team won - simple as that.

I had a look after the game and that seemed to be the general consensus of those that didn't go to the game but watched it on TV on their forum.

We were the better team, we deserved to win. Ipswich's game plan didn't work because three of our four defenders on the day were very good.

We should have perhaps had more shots on goal, but their defence on the day was also very good.

We have more quality and it showed. When chasing a goal, they brought on Steve and Noel Hunt. Two poor players. They're a solid side but no one in their right mind would ever say they're better than us.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better team won - simple as that.

I had a look after the game and that seemed to be the general consensus of those that didn't go to the game but watched it on TV on their forum.

We have more quality and it showed. When chasing a goal, they brought on Steve and Noel Hunt. Two poor players. They're a solid side but no one in their right mind would ever say they're better than us.

Anybody seen Mike?

"Alongside the usual cliches of MM hoof/physical I've seen"

2nd most long balls in the league

20th for least short passes

Most goals from corners

48% average possession

67% pass completion

Most goals scored from set pieces

It was a rubbish, ugly and horrible game. Should have suited them

As for cheating, are we not forgetting Hunt's poorly disguised handball when he went to the far post to "head" the ball in.

Could be persuaded it was an accident but he's done it before. :)

Also while Eustace did wipe out McGoldrick let's not forget Russell being wiped out which resulted in our first half FK on the edge of the box. How is that different?

For half chances, Ipswich had more than us.

Chris Martin had the best chance and Hendrick scuffed an Ibe pull back that he should have buried, the ball deflected to Christie who's shot deflected off an Ipswich player and went behind the goal for, yep, a goal kick.

We can all moan and blame referees. Just shut up and play better

In all the replays that sky showed,very very unclear,chest or hand

A cricketer who was once given out on what he considered a dodgy LBW decision, said to the umpire as he walked back to the pavilion "That was never out"

Umpire's reply "Read the paper tomorrow"

On that basis, it was NOT a penalty.

McCarthy makes me laugh, he contradicted himself in the post match interview, by saying Keogh was trying to move his hand away and it hit it.

Not exactly hand to ball then.

I'd call him a thick Barnsley oik, but I'd offend Ladyram, so I won't.

McCarthy makes me laugh, he contradicted himself in the post match interview, by saying Keogh was trying to move his hand away and it hit it.

I'll do it, I don'rt mind offending LadyRam, he is also a thick Yorkshire chuffer

Lads, (for it is mainly us lads) can I make an appeal ? 

Can we save this thread for quoting what fans of who we've beat played as opposed to it descending into matchday thread mk 2 because it's one of the best threads on here and just lately it's not been that in my opinion. 

Feel free to slaughter me, I can take it.  :)

We'll beat this dross in the play offs... If they go up automatically - there's something wrong with the league"

They've already consigned themselves to the playoffs?

It does seem to be common amongst opposition fans not to rate Hughes as highly as we do, I wonder why?

I have several mates who think he's class... Including a plastic gumps fan... plus a mate who barely watches football who says the only player he's seen since watching he can actually identify as good is "that white haired kid"...

Don goodmans commemts...does this fit in here???!

Derby show maturity in 1-0 victory

DON SAYS: Derby managed the game against Ipswich very well. They came under quite a bit of pressure early in the first-half, but slowly they grew into the game.

They kept the ball much better than Ipswich and once they took the lead, that is where Steve McClaren will be very pleased, as that is when they took control, and restricted Ipswich to very few chances.

It was a much more mature performance than we saw live on Sky Sports a few weeks ago at Middlesbrough.

Still concede that the biggest compliments we've had this season have come from the Blackburn fans.

Literally, there were 30 odd pages worth of them acknowledging how good our passing and movement was that day and it wasn't even our best performance of the season - though definitely in the top five.

Interestingly, the Blackburn fans though are another bunch who think their team is of top six quality and that they're massively underperforming.

Given the competitiveness of this league, go around the forums and half of them think they're underachieveing. If that's the case, who is overachieving?

Bournemouth, Ipswich, Sheff Wed and Brentford are probably the only fans out there that are truely happy with their position.

Derby, Boro and Wolves I'd say are content.

Brum, Bolton and Huddersfield happy with their turnaround and the rest either satisfied at best or complaining to the heavens.

There are plenty more balanced views on the Ipswich forum. We all carry grudges from specific games, I can't stand Eddie Howe after Burnley beat us at PP 3 years ago, spoiling weasel. I get that some tractor boys are miffed that their bubble has burst, they feel that a disputed penalty incident was the difference between a win and a loss and that Martin goes down often for the hulk that he is. But we were rarely threatened from a free scoring team and they showed no real quality, that must be hard to take. We have quality in abundance and we see it weekly so we can recognise it. I've seen us be far more physical and I've seen other teams be more direct than Ipswich were. We are just better right now but credit to Mick for getting them where they are. Sky supported Ipswich, Burley kept saying 'we' and 'them' and was cheesed off at the result. Nice that Claridge said 'no penalty' incidentally.

Yer right tho, he is, I can't argue with that.

Archived