Best TV Dramas

On 07/01/2017 at 12:44, ketteringram said:

Is there another series of Deutschland 83?!?

Yeah supposed to be a Deutschland 86 in the pipeline. Not sure if it will be the same characters, but I hope so.

Has anyone else watched The Americans? Just finished season one and it was in a similar vein to Deutschland 83, albeit much more US TV network-styled than D83. Based on the story of KGB operatives in the 1980s working in the US and living undercover as "normal" US families

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am watching a right drama, bio below..

its about a love struck footballer called Chris Martinez who ply's his trade in leafy Fulham, he feels torn between the bright lights of London and a Football Manager in the East Midlands called Steve McQueen, he has great admiration for McQueen and when McQueen brought his band of hipster bearded weirdos down to Fulham he winked and felt great pleasure and expelled a little wee at the delight of being acknowledged by the great master McQueen.

The Problem arose when Martinez refused to come and play for the East Midlands club because he couldn't grow a hipster beard and knew that the new arrival from across the A52 also had a splendid beard and a twinkle in his eye (only his left eye), he is now lonely watching football from the side lines and with only a chihuahua cross great dane called Incey to keep him warm at night, we shall see how the story ends, we hope for the good but expect the worst.

13 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Just finished watching the first season of Westworld.

It's weird. Brilliant, captivating and inventive. But ultimately weird.

I'm looking forward to season 2, though disappointed with the death at the end of the first. 

Have you seen the film upon which this was based? 

Really good, apart from it not aging very well.. it was the 70s after all

37 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Have you seen the film upon which this was based? 

Really good, apart from it not aging very well.. it was the 70s after all

I think describing it as "based on" the movie is a bit of a stretch, but then I guess the term can have a very varied definition. It's a very different story, if memory serves (although I do admit it's been a while since I saw it). Good movie though, you're right.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think describing it as "based on" the movie is a bit of a stretch, but then I guess the term can have a very varied definition. It's a very different story, if memory serves (although I do admit it's been a while since I saw it). Good movie though, you're right.

The premise is the same, android theme park - story is bound to be different to lend itself to a series rather than a 90 minute film..

Loosely based, perhaps.

12 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

The premise is the same, android theme park - story is bound to be different to lend itself to a series rather than a 90 minute film..

Loosely based, perhaps.

Loosely based is accurate I think.

I think of it more of the difference in focus, the series focusing on the AI and Morality - the film more focuses on the "heroes" surviving AI gone bad.

Obviously there are nuances to both and to go into either would be to be posting spoilers but you see what I mean, i'm sure.

Watching Taboo (BBC1 Sat night):

James Keziah Delaney returns to 1814 London after 10 years in Africa to discover that he has been left a mysterious legacy by his father. Driven to wage war on those who have wronged him, Delaney finds himself in a face-off against the East India Company, whilst playing a dangerous game between two warring nations, Britain and America.

Absolutely superb! The storyline is gripping, great cast, the acting and production faultless.

Tom Hardy co-created, co-produces (together with his dad "chips", Ridley Scott, Steven Knight and others) and stars in this deliciously dark period drama. There's sex, murder, treachery, intrigue, violence, gore, humour and a meandering storyline that truly takes you on an absorbing journey.

It's what Saturday night prime-time telly should be about. 10/10 

On 03/02/2017 at 07:27, Ewetube said:

Absolutely superb! The storyline is gripping, great cast, the acting and production faultless.

Tom Hardy co-created, co-produces (together with his dad "chips", Ridley Scott, Steven Knight and others) and stars in this deliciously dark period drama. There's sex, murder, treachery, intrigue, violence, gore, humour and a meandering storyline that truly takes you on an absorbing journey.

I'm not a fan, it is far too slow in my opinion and I had great expectations with Tom starring in the lead role, some of the dialogue is incomprehensible at times and the storyline is weak, obviously I will be forced to keep watching because Tom gets my missus excited ;)

Would be ideal for me, if it just didn't have the sex, murder, treachery, violence, gore, and meandering storyline! Gave up after about 15 minutes of one episode. 

Wel I'm enjoying it. I think we might need a flash back or something soon though. It's gone on a bit long without any sort of explanation of the back story. Just that he went to Africa for a bit. It's about time a few questions were answered. I'd be kissed off if we got to the end and all these loose ends are left dangling. 

23 hours ago, LesterRam said:

I'm not a fan, it is far too slow in my opinion and I had great expectations with Tom starring in the lead role, some of the dialogue is incomprehensible at times and the storyline is weak, obviously I will be forced to keep watching because Tom gets my missus excited ;)

Bah humbug, Lester. What the Dickens are you talking about. :p

My Missus has the attention span of an amoeba and even she doesn't think it's too slow, either that or she's just watching it for Tom Hardy.

1 hour ago, Ewetube said:

Bah humbug, Lester. What the Dickens are you talking about. :p

My Missus has the attention span of an amoeba and even she doesn't think it's too slow, either that or she's just watching it for Tom Hardy.

can we see a picture forming here Ewe :whistle:

I watched The Revenant and couldn't understand a bloody word he said, thank god for subtitles :blink:

Archived