Confirmed: Leon Best joins on a season-long loan

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cross threading Ovis Aries comments with this one, how would we be reacting today if we had secured Balotelli rather than Best? Sometimes you do have to take a few chances in terms of team chemistry, and perhaps we might need a few sparks. In my experience it is rare for a complete team of nice guys to achieve anything.

Cross threading Ovis Aries comments with this one, how would we be reacting today if we had secured Balotelli rather than Best? Sometimes you do have to take a few chances in terms of team chemistry, and perhaps we might need a few sparks. In my experience it is rare for a complete team of nice guys to achieve anything.

good Lourdes, he's trying to get it back on topic!

I'm still not sure what he's done to deserve this terrible reputation, but even so....if the personalities in the dressing room are as strong as we make out, if the spirit is that good, then don't you think it would rub off on Best rather than the other way round? What are we expecting? Bucko to be wearing pink boots and have two new piercings by Satdee?

This is a fresh start, you're right, and they don't come much fresher than this. Leaving one dressing room full of big time charlies to another dressing room of big time charlies - in fact, not only a dressing room of big time charlies, but one of the most tumultuous clubs in the country, isn't really that much of a "fresh start" is it? Can think of better places than a Venky's-run Blackburn to turn my life around.

If he can't turn himself around with what's here then you're right - but this is a brilliant opportunity for him, he's never been handed one like this.

Fair enough. Can't argue with that.

PistoldPete2

No idea whether Leon Best will be any good for us, but he is the type of player we needed, ie target man who knows where goals are.   Didnt have anyone else last year except for Martin; great job that he did when he was missing we were rubbish against Millwall. Best can also provide a goal threat like Bamford did but hopefully offer more besides.  

Aye, we would not have a clue what he was capable of. So excitement in the unknown...

Best is a good signing, certainly a more favourable option than Sammon and all we are after is a decent backup.

I've never had a willy up my bum but the unknown doesn't excite me one bit ;)

I'm confused by the reaction to the Best signing, whilst it's not a signing that will get fans rushing for his name on their back he is a solid backup, keep reading about his attitude problems like people know him personally but can't back it up with any stories.

I'm confused by the reaction to the Best signing, whilst it's not a signing that will get fans rushing for his name on their back he is a solid backup, keep reading about his attitude problems like people know him personally but can't back it up with any stories.

Well, when you put it like that...

Agree on that. I know nothing of these so called attitude issues. Strengthens the squad, what is the problem? Any striker joining knows they will be backup for Martin, that already limits options.

I once had a willy up my bum, but only the once. As experiences go it is difficult to put it into words, but for those with an imagination the sensation afterwards would be a bit like hearing we had extended Sammon's contract.

Archived