Confirmed: Leon Best joins on a season-long loan

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant understand this at all Blackburn will be challenging us for a playoff spot this season so Best is that good theyre willing to loan one of their players to one of their competitors all season? Or perhaps the other explanation is thay he's not that good. The argument that at least he's better than Sammon is a poor one my granny would be an improvement.

How about this one then.

Blackburn are a club, just like us, facing the FFP regulations. They signed him for around

Cant understand this at all Blackburn will be challenging us for a playoff spot this season so Best is that good theyre willing to loan one of their players to one of their competitors all season? Or perhaps the other explanation is thay he's not that good. The argument that at least he's better than Sammon is a poor one my granny would be an improvement.

Well Best was on a lot of money at Blackburn and I'm sure they'd need to cut their wage bill so, if we offered to pay a higher percentage than anyone else, it'd make sense for them to loan him out to us, especially if they wanted to bring in a cheaper replacement. 

Also, he's out of favour there, but that doesn't mean he isn't any good. Maybe he doesn't fit into their system, they haven't got a role for him or it's just not working out for him there, that could all be totally different here. Besides, he's back up, are we expecting to sign a '20 goal a season' striker who'll cost a ton to sit on the bench?

Anyway, you're worried that Blackburn don't think he's good enough, but if Derby think he's worth it then that's of no significance?

Yeah, but who's better... Martin or Rhodes? :ph34r:

To be completely honest if you offered me Martin or Rhodes, all things considered I'd take Martin right now. Sounds odd, but think about it:

Chris Martin: 25 years old

Jordan Rhodes: 24 years old

Difference: 458 days

Scoreboard impact at respective clubs

Chris Martin: 0.408 goals/90, 0.223 assists/90, 0.631 combined/90

Jordan Rhodes: 0.591 goals/90, 0.116 assists/90, 0.707 combined/90

Difference: 0.183 goals/90, -0.107 assists/90, 0.076 combined/90

Price

Chris Martin: Free transfer

Jordan Rhodes:

Wish we signed him earlier so atleast we could see how he fits in with the team and a big IF... he might be good enough to start along side our #9 martin. Which would mean a formation change but who knows we cant improve without atleast trying!!!

Great, so we'd need two new players to deputies both of them in such a case.

Get on yer phone Rush.

Archived