Confirmed: Leon Best joins on a season-long loan

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's about his 5th fresh start/time he's "grown up" isn't it?

Obviously I want him to be sound and i hope everyone makes him feel welcome when he inevitably comes on on Saturday. I'm just cynical about his attitude.

We've all sat here and praised the attitude, team spirit and down to earth behaviour of the lads Nigel brought together. We've all praised that. Buxton is considered a model professional. And Barker.

What he's said on twitter is exactly what you'd expect? What's the alternative? "I can't wait to bless derby with my incredible talent"?

Believe it or not I'm not writing him off and as a player he's always looked between decent and good in the top two tiers. We can't sit here and claim to know any players attitude. But Best is as concerning as anyone else I think we could bring in (he's also as good as anyone else we could look to buy tbf). If he turns out to be an expensive d1ck then the warning signs were there.

Even McClaren and Best acknowledge he's got baggage. This may be an exciting fresh start for Best. But I bet he said that last time.

Not writing him off, not especially happy with him coming though. Better than Sammon and I'd expect him to push Martin really hard if he's screwed his head back on.

I'm still not sure what he's done to deserve this terrible reputation, but even so....if the personalities in the dressing room are as strong as we make out, if the spirit is that good, then don't you think it would rub off on Best rather than the other way round? What are we expecting? Bucko to be wearing pink boots and have two new piercings by Satdee?

This is a fresh start, you're right, and they don't come much fresher than this. Leaving one dressing room full of big time charlies to another dressing room of big time charlies - in fact, not only a dressing room of big time charlies, but one of the most tumultuous clubs in the country, isn't really that much of a "fresh start" is it? Can think of better places than a Venky's-run Blackburn to turn my life around.

If he can't turn himself around with what's here then you're right - but this is a brilliant opportunity for him, he's never been handed one like this.

I for one am looking forward to seeing him in a Rams shirt, with our attacking qualities and his finishing ability.

It's a great cocktail of talents, I believe he is a master stroke by SM & SR.

Might be proved wrong but IMO we have always needed that player who can just appear in the box for a tap in or 20, fingers crossed!!

Most Blackburn fans seemed to think he was quite capable but apparently he wasn't too happy once he realised he wasn't getting back in the team (I think they signed Rhodes when he had his long term injury and he did so well he couldn't be dropped).

So a move is probably best for him though will mainly be starting off from the bench here I should think.

We don't have any pre-madonnas in the team so he's not exactly come here and "disrupt" the team. I think he'll be able to focus better here, And I guarantee we'll benefit from it.

Is 'pre-madonna' a bit like 'Before Christ'?  

Think you mean prima donna.

Not to worry though mate, I won't get too hung up about it.

Is 'pre-madonna' a bit like 'Before Christ'?

Think you mean prima donna.

Not to worry though mate, I won't get too hung up about it.

Hahaha, That's exactly what I meant! Sorry, I will punch myself in the face now.

Hahaha, That's exactly what I meant! Sorry, I will punch myself in the face now.

Don't worry pal.

My grandad always used to correct me on incorrect grammar/spelling etc.

I just used to say to him, papa don't preach.

Archived